Daily Fantasy Baseball (DFS) Winning Lineup for 4/8/18
Daily Fantasy Baseball Sleepers and Stars to Pick Up for your Daily Fantasy/Fan Duel/Draft Kings Leagues
Sunday April 8, 2018
See Player Values See the Latest Odds
TV: See Game
4-8-18 Fantasy Baseball Players to Pick Up for your Daily Fantasy Leagues and Fan Duel/Draft Kings Tournaments:
HOT Hitters NOW that you should START in ALL Leagues & Tournaments:
USA TODAY Sports
- Charlie Blackmon (OF Rockies)
- Justin Smoak (1B Blue Jays)
- Matt Chapman (3B A’s)
- DJ Lamahieu (2B Rockies)
- Josh Reddick (OF Astros)
- Shohei Ohtani (SP/U Angels)
- Didi Gregorius (SS Yankees)
- Freddie Freeman (1B Braves)
- Hanley Ramirez (U Red Sox)
- Preston Tucker (OF Braves)
- Shin-Soo Choo (OF Rangers)
- Nick Castellanos (3B/OF Tigers)
- Yoenis Cespedes (OF Mets)
- Eduardo Escobar (3B Twins)
- Corey Dickerson (OF Pirates)
- Trey Mancini (1B/OF Orioles)
- Xander Bogaerts (SS Red Sox)
- Manny Machado (3B/SS Orioles)d
- Trey Mancini (1B/OF Orioles)
- Jose Martinez (1B/OF Cardinals)
- Maikel Franco (3B Phillies)
Lower Priced or Middle Tier Streamer Starting Pitchers to Target on 4-8-18:
- Jake Arrieta (SP Phillies) vs the Marlins (SP Trevor Richards). Arrieta is making his 1st start of the year vs the best pitching matchup in baseball and facing a rookie making his 2nd major league start ever.
- Charlie Morton (SP Astros) vs the Padres (SP Tyson Ross). Morton K’s a lot and is facing the Padres at home. Start Morton in all formats.
- Mike Clevinger (SP Indians) vs the KC Royals (SP Jason Hammel). The Royals lineup is not scary at all and lost too many big pieces. The Royals will be a nice streamer option for most of the year.
- Shohei Ohtani (SP Angels) vs the A’s (SP Kendall Graveman). Ohtani and the Angels are hot and face Graveman who struggles vs several Angels hitters. Ohtani should rack up some K’s and get the win
- Eduardo Rodriguez (SP Red Sox) vs the Rays (SP TBA). The Rays once again have not announced a starter for tomorrow’s game. It could be Austin Pruitt or Matt Andriese but either way Eduardo Rodriguez gets his share pf K’s and faces a depleted offense with a great shot at a win. If you need a relief pitcher in daily fantasy leagues, pick up Hector Velasquez who Rodriguez is replacing and could get 2-3 innings tomorrow.
- Jordan Montgomery (SP Yankees) vs the Orioles (SP Mike Wright Orioles). Montgomery pitched well vs the Orioles last year and faces Wright who gives Montgomery a great shot at a win.
- Matt Harvey (SP Mets) at the Nationals (SP Tanner Roark Nationals). The Mets are on fire and the Nationals bats have cooled off tremendously. The Nationals only scored 2 runs vs Steven Matz. Harvey pitched well vs the Phillies and has good numbers vs several Nationals hitters including Bryce Harper who Harvey has dominated in his career.
Other streamer SP Sunday are Tanner Roark (SP Nationals) but the Mets are very hot and Reynaldo Lopez (SP White Sox) but the Tigers offense is kind of hot right now. Taijuan Walker (SP Diamondbacks) is risky because the Cardinals bats are pretty hot and Walker is facing Luke Weaver. I actually like Luke Weaver (SP Cardinals) as a nice sleeper Sunday even though the Diamondbacks are off to a great start this year.
Pitchers You SHOULD PICK UP Hitters against them on 4-8-18:
- Unknown Tampa Bay Rays SP at the Red Sox (SP Eduardo Rodriguez). The Red Sox are slowly waking up at the plate and scored 10 runs Saturday.
- Mike Wright (SP Orioles) at the Yankees (SP Jordan Montgomery Yankees). Wright will most likely be in the minors soon.
- Jason Hammel (SP KC Royals) at the Indians (SP Mike Clevinger Indians). Hammel’s best years are behind him. Only the cold weather in Cleveland and the Indians bats being relatively cold right now can help Hammel.
- Kendall Graveman (SP A’s) at the hot Angels (SP Shohei Ohtani Angels). Graveman is struggling this season and several Angels hitters hit him very well including Pujols and Trout. Facing Ohtani won’t help his win chances either.
- Kyle Freeland (SP Rockies) vs the hot Braves (SP Julio Teheran Braves). The Braves are very hot at the plate and do you really want your pitcher facing them at Coors Field?
HOT Hitters with NO STATS vs Opposing SP on 4-8-18:
- Corey Dickerson (OF Pirates) vs Tyler Mahle (SP Reds)
- Maikel Franco (3B Phillies) vs the Marlins (SP Trevor Richards)
Hitters with GREAT NUMBERS vs OPPOSING Starting Pitchers on 4-8-18:
- Aaron Judge (OF Yankees) is 3 for 5 with 2 2B, 1 HR, 2 R, and 3 RBI vs Mike Wright (SP Orioles).
- Edwin Encarnacion (1B Indians) is 9 for 32 with 1 2B, 5 HR, 7 R, and 7 RBI vs Jason Hammel (SP Royals)
- Francisco Lindor (SS Indians) is 7 for 18 with 1 2B, 1 HR, 4 R, and 4 RBI vs Jason Hammel (SP Royals)
- Bradley Zimmer (OF Indians) is 4 for 7 with 1 HR, 3 R, and 2 RBI vs Jason Hammel (SP Royals)
- Albert Pujols (1B Angels) is 14 for 33 with 1 2B, 4 HR, 7 R, and 11 RBI vs Kendall Graveman (SP A’s)
- Jose Martinez (1B/OF Cardinals) is 2 for 2 with a 3 run HR vs Taijuan Walker (SP Diamondbacks) and had a big game Saturday.
- Michael Conforto (OF Mets) is 3 for 9 with 1 2B and a solo HR vs Tanner Roark (SP Nationals)
- Mike Trout (OF Angels) is 10 for 30 with 1 2B, 1 3B, 2 HR, 9 R, and 4 RBI vs Kendall Graveman (SP A’s)
- Dansby Swanson (SS Braves) is 4 for 4 with 1 2B, 1 R, and 3 RBI vs Kyle Freeland (SP Rockies)
- Ozzie Albies (2B Braves) is 2 for 6 with 1 2B, 1 3B, 1 R, and 1 RBI vs Kyle Freeland (SP Rockies)
- Kris Bryant (3B Cubs) is 6 for 15 with 1 2B, 3 HR, 4 R, and 4 RBI vs Chase Anderson (SP Brewers)
- Ben Zobrist (2B Cubs) is 7 for 14 with 1 2B, 2 HR, 2 R, and 4 RBI vs Chase Anderson (SP Brewers)
- Brett Gardner (OF Yankees) is 3 for 4 with 1 2B, 2 R, and 2 RBI vs Mike Wright (SP Orioles).
- Starling Marte (OF Pirates) is 4 for 6 with a run vs Tyler Mahle (SP Reds)
- Anthony Rendon (3B Nationals) is 9 for 23 with 1 2B, 1 3B, 1 HR, 3 R, and 5 RBI vs Matt Harvey (SP Mets)
- Marcell Ozuna (OF Cardinals) is 1 for 1 with 1 2B and a run vs Taijuan Walker (SP Diamondbacks) and is starting to heat up.
- Jose Peraza (SS Reds)is 8 for 11 with 2 2B, 4 R, and 2 SB vs Jameson Taillon (SP Pirates). Peraza and the Reds are ice cold right now.
- Billy Hamilton (OF Reds) is 7 for 17 with 1 2B, 1 3B, 2 HR, 3 R, 6 RBI, and 3 SB vs Jameson Taillon (SP Pirates). The Reds are ice cold right now but they hit Taillon very well last year.
- Adam Duvall (OF Reds) is 6 for 19 with 2 2B, 2 HR, 3 R, and 4 RBI vs Jameson Taillon (SP Pirates). The Reds are ice cold right now but they hit Taillon very well last year.
- Scooter Gennett (2B Reds) is 8 for 20 with 3 2B, 2 R, and 2 RBI vs Jameson Taillon (SP Pirates). The Reds are ice cold right now but they hit Taillon very well last year.
- Jean Segura (SS Mariners) is 10 for 29 with 1 2B, 1 3B, 1 R, and 2 RBI vs Lance Lynn (SP Twins). The weather forecast is not good for this game.
- Jesse Winker (OF Reds) is 1 for 2 with a solo HR vs Jameson Taillon (SP Pirates)
- Charlie Blackmon (OF Rockies) is 6 for 23 with 1 2B, 1 HR, 2 R, and 2 RBI vs Julio Teheran (SP Braves)
- Matt Chapman (3B A’s) is 1 for 2 with a 3 run HR vs Shohei Ohtani (SP Angels) and is very hot right now.
- Luis Valbuena (3B Angels) is 6 for 20 with 1 2B, 1 3B, 1 HR, 4 R, and 2 RBI vs Kendall Graveman (SP A’s)
- Evan Gattis (C Astros) is 2 for 6 with a double and a 3 run HR vs Tyson Ross (SP Padres)
- Eric Hosmer (1B Padres) is 2 for 2 with a double and a solo HR vs Charlie Morton (SP Astros)
- Chris Taylor (2B/OF Dodgers) is 4 for 13 with a double and a 2 run HR vs Ty Blach (SF Giants)
- Jonathan Schoop (2B Orioles) is 3 for 11 with 1 2B, 1 HR, 1 R, and 4 RBI vs Jordan Montgomery (SP Yankees)