Daily Fantasy Baseball Starting Pitchers to Pick Up and AVOID for your Fan Duel/Draft Kings Tournaments on 4/12/18
The Best and Worst Pitchers for Your Fantasy Baseball Team Lineup for 4/12/18
Thursday April 12, 2018
See Player Values See the Latest Odds
TV: See Game
4-12-18 Daily Fantasy Baseball Starting Pitchers to Pick Up and AVOID for your Daily Fantasy Leagues and Fan Duel/Draft Kings Tournaments:
Lower Priced or Middle Tier Streamer Daily Fantasy Baseball Starting Pitchers to Target on 4-12-18:
USA TODAY Sports
- Chris Stratton (SP San Francisco Giants) at the San Diego Padres (SP Bryan Mitchell). Stratton has pitched decent in his 1st 2 starts and pitched very well vs the Padres late last season. Stratton has a good opportunity to get some K’s and a win.
- Michael Fulmer (SP Detroit Tigers) at the Cleveland Indians (SP Trevor Bauer). Fulmer should pitch well vs a pretty cold Indians hitting lineup but most likely will not get the win because he is facing Trevor Bauer and Detroit scored 3 runs in the last 4 games. The Tigers- Indians game is currently in the 7th inning so maybe the Tigers scratch another run or 2 in this game.
There are only 8 games on the schedule tomorrow so some pitchers who you can normally get cheaper on Fan Duel or Draft Kings than the top tier starting pitchers will cost more money on April 12. Examples will be Jose Berrios (SP Minnesota Twins), Gio Gonzalez (SP Washington Nationals), and Trevor Bauer (SP Cleveland Indians). I would consider these 3 starting pitchers the top guys to place on your Fan Duel or Draft Kings teams on April 12. If you run out of money on your budget with hitters and can’t afford the 3 starting pitchers I mentioned above, then start Kyle Hendricks (SP Chicago Cubs) who should be cheaper. Start Chris Stratton (SP San Francisco Giants) if you need a really cheap starting pitcher. I would stay away from Sonny Gray (SP New York Yankees) who has a bad history vs the Boston Red Sox and Ian Kennedy (SP Kansas City Royals) who pitched very well in his first 2 starts but is facing a white hot Los Angeles Angels lineup.
Daily Fantasy Baseball Starting Pitchers You SHOULD PICK UP Hitters against them on 4-12-18:
- Sal Romano (SP Cincinnati Reds) vs the St. Louis Cardinals. The Cardinals are not hitting well right now particularly with runners in scoring position (RISP). However, Romano is a below average major league starting pitcher in a very god hitters ballpark and history tells us the Cardinals tend to feast on Reds pitching especially at Great American Ball Park. Stay away from Sal Romano (SP Cincinnati Reds) and pick up some streamer St. Louis hitters like Dexter Fowler (OF St. Louis Cardinals) and Matt Carpenter (1B St. Louis Cardinals) if they are available on the free agent wire in your daily leagues. Matt Carpenter is actually a free agent in one of my fantasy leagues.
- Los Angeles SP Not Named as of now at the Kansas City Royals. I won’t say this often but with the short schedule, this might be a great time to place a couple of Royals batters in your Fan Duel or Draft Kings lineups. Mike Moustakas (3B Kansas City Royals) is pretty hot right now especially if the Angels starter is right handed.
- Bryan Mitchell (SP San Diego Padres) vs the San Francisco Giants. Mitchell pitched poorly in his 1st start vs Colorado but amazingly shut out the Houston Astros in 5 2/3 innings despite 6 walks and only 1 strikeout. Mitchell won’t survive 6 walks often. I don’t expect the Giants to score a ton of runs but 5 runs seem like a reasonable possibility.
***** RELIEF PITCHER UPDATE:
It appears Matt Albers (RP Milwaukee Brewers)
is the new closer in Milwaukee until Corey Knebel (RP Milwaukee Brewers) comes back from the DL. Albers got a save on April 11 at the St.Louis Cardinals.