4-14-18 Daily Fantasy Baseball Starting Pitchers to Pick Up and AVOID for your DFS Fan Duel/Draft Kings Tournaments
The Best and Worst Pitchers for Your Fantasy Baseball Team Lineup for 4/14/18
Saturday April 14, 2018
See Player Values See the Latest Odds
TV: See Game
Lower Priced or Middle Tier Streamer Daily Fantasy Baseball Starting Pitchers to Target on 4-14-18 (In Order):
USA TODAY Sports
- Jameson Taillon (SP Pittsburgh Pirates) at the Miami Marlins. The Marlins are probably best pitcher matchup in baseball. Taillon has been outstanding in his first 2 starts.
- Charlie Morton (SP Houston Astros) vs the Texas Rangers. The Rangers players are dropping like flies with injuries and the Rangers lost their middle infield in the same week with injuries to Roughned Odor (2B Texas Rangers) and Elvis Andrus (SS Texas Rangers). Morton is facing Mike Minor (SP Texas Rangers) who the Astros will see for the 2nd time this season and should hit Minor better the 2nd time around.
- Sean Newcomb (SP Atlanta Braves) at the Chicago Cubs. The Cubs lineup is a disgrace to be blunt. The Cubs just made Trevor Williams and Anibal Sanchez look like Cy Young award winners. I know the Cubs are missing Rizzo but their offense is embarrassing right now. Newcomb is no joke as he is nasty on left handed hitters and his only issue in his short major league career has been walks. If Newcomb doesn’t give the Cubs too many free passes, he should pitch well on April 14. Newcomb is facing Jose Quintana (SP Chicago Cubs) so a win will be a challenge.
- Derek Holland (SP San Francisco Giants) at the San Diego Padres. I like Holland in this matchup and feel he will rack up 6-8 K’s and should have an opportunity at a win depending on how Clayton Richard (SP San Diego Padres) pitches.
- Garrett Richards (SP Los Angeles Angels) at the Kansas City Royals. Richards is off to a fast start and is facing a vulnerable Royals offense but is facing the Royals ace…Jakob Junis. Junis has pitched well too but is not on my streamer list because he is facing a white hot Angels lineup. I like Richards to neutralize the very average Royals offense.
Lance Lynn (SP Minnesota Twins) is facing Reynaldo Lopez (SP Chicago White Sox) and I would consider both pitchers good streamers on April 14. Chase Anderson (SP Milwaukee Brewers) is facing Matt Harvey (SP New York Mets) and I like both of them as good streamers on April 14. Lance Lynn, Reynaldo Lopez, Matt Harvey, and Chase Anderson did not make my top 5 streamers for April 14. Jon Gray (SP Colorado Rockies) is facing another puzzling offense like the Chicago Cubs….the Washington Nationals. I can’t pick Gray as a top streamer on April 14 because he just got hammered by the San Diego Padres and didn’t pitch well vs Arizona Diamondbacks either on Opening Day. Miles Mikolas (SP St. Louis Cardinals) is a good option for a win vs the Cincinnati Reds because the Cardinals own the Reds and are on their way of beating the Reds 10 out of the last 12 games. I just feel Mikolas will give up a few runs so I didn’t post him as a top streamer for April 14.
Daily Fantasy Baseball Starting Pitchers You SHOULD PICK UP Hitters against them on 4-14-18:
- Kendall Graveman (SP Oakland A’s) at the Seattle Mariners. Graveman has been awful this season and is facing a capable Mariners lineup with Nelson Cruz back in the lineup and 3 good left handed hitters in Dee Gordon (2B/OF Seattle Mariners), Robinson Cano (2B Seattle Mariners) and Kyle Seager (3B Seattle Mariners).
- Marco Gonzales (SP Seattle Mariners) vs the Oakland A’s. The A’s are coming off a 16 run barrage vs the Los Angeles Dodgers on April 11 and Marco Gonzales was hammered by the Kansas City Royals in his last start. I like the A’s hitters in this game.
Luis Cessa (SP New York Yankees) at the Detroit Tigers. Cessa ia a very average starting pitcher who probably won’t last past the 4th or 5th inning. The Tigers are in a deep slump so be cautious picking up Tigers hitters. Miguel Cabrera (1B Detroit Tigers), Nick Castellanos (3B/OF Detroit Tigers), and Leonys Martin (OF Detroit Tigers) should be the only Tigers hitters you consider in Fan Duel or Draft Kings tournaments.