British Open: Power Ranking Top 10 Golfers In Royal Troon - 7/14/16
The 2016 British Open
British Open: Thursday, July 14, 2016 at 1:00 pm (Royal Troon) See the Latest Odds
TV: GOLF, NBC
We gave out some golfers to consider for your card this week, now let’s power rank the top 10 players heading into the 2016 British Open. These are usually golfers who are in great form or have a great history in this particular event.
Here are the top 10 golfers for the 2016 British Open.
USA TODAY Sports
1. Dustin Johnson - There’s no golfer in the world who is hotter than Dustin Johnson, as he’s finished fifth or better in four straight events and has a runner-up finish at the British Open in 2011.
2. Rory McIlroy - Rory McIlroy has finished 12th or better in five of his last six events and won the British Open back in 2014 by a solid two strokes.
3. Jason Day - Jason Day has a top-10 finish in seven of his last nine events and did finish fourth last year at St. Andrews.
4. Sergio Garcia - Sergio Garcia won the Byron Nelson and finished fifth at the US Open, and he’s missed the cut just four times out of 19 appearances in the British Open.
5. Jordan Spieth - Jordan Spieth continues to show up in the big events despite signs of a slump this season, and he did finish fourth last year at St. Andrews.
6. Matt Kuchar - Matt Kuchar has finished sixth or better in five of his last six events and has a top-10 finish in the 2012 British Open.
7. Zach Johnson - Zach Johnson is hot right now with three straight top-25 finishes, and he is the defending British Open champion.
8. Adam Scott - Adam Scott has five top-10 finishes in 14 events played this season and was runner-up in the 2012 British Open in which he lost by one stroke.
9. Charl Schwartzel - Charl Schwartzel has four straight top-25 finishes and has five career top-25 finishes at the British Open.
10. Phil Mickelson - Phil Mickelson has finished 27th or better in four of his last six events and no golfer is more experienced in these spots than him.