PGA Championship: Power Ranking Top 10 Golfers In Baltusrol Golf Club - 7/28/16
The 2016 PGA Championship
PGA Championship: Thursday, July 28, 2016 at 1:00 pm (Baltusrol Golf Club) See the Latest Odds
TV: TNT, CBS
We listed some golfers to consider for your betting card this week, and it’s now time to power rank the top-10 players heading into the PGA Championship. This will be the third time this event is held in New Jersey and the first time since 2005.
Here are the 2016 PGA Championship power rankings.
USA TODAY Sports
1. Dustin Johnson - No golfer is hotter than Dustin Johnson, as he’s finished second or better in three of his last four events and has top-five finishes in five of his last six. Yikes.
2. Rory McIlroy - Rory McIlroy is back on his horse with top-12 finishes in six of his last seven events and is a two-time PGA Championship winner.
3. Jason Day - Jason Day is the defending champion at the PGA Championship and has top-25 finishes in four straight events.
4. Henrik Stenson - Henrik Stenson is coming off a win at the Open Championship and has three top-10 finishes in 11 appearances this season.
5. Jordan Spieth - Jordan Spieth has been hit or miss all season long but can never be ruled out in big tournaments, and he was runner-up in last year’s PGA Championship.
6. Sergio Garcia - Sergio Garcia has finished fifth or better in three straight events and has been runner-up twice at the PGA Championship.
7. Matt Kuchar - Matt Kuchar has top-10 finishes in six of his last eight events and is due for a breakout performance at a major.
8. Phil Mickelson - Phil Mickelson has won the PGA Championship once and was runner-up twice. Mickelson is also coming off a runner-up finish at the Open Championship.
9. Adam Scott - Adam Scott has finished 18th or better in four of his last six appearances and is fifth in scoring average.
10. Zach Johnson - Zach Johnson has finished 17th or better in four straight events and has missed the cut just three times in 18 events overall.