MLB News: MLB Power Rankings As Of 4/22/15
MLB Power Rankings
April 22, 2015
The Line: -- Over/Under: See the Latest Odds
We’re quickly getting a better feel for each team as we head deeper and deeper into the MLB season. Let’s take a look at how each team stacks up as we’re about three weeks into the baseball season.
1. Detroit Tigers - The only real issue with the Detroit Tigers is their bullpen at the moment, but this team is by far playing the best baseball and has the possible MVP in Miguel Cabrera.
USA TODAY Sports
2. Kansas City Royals - The Kansas City Royals are proving day in and day out that there’s no such thing as a World Series hangover.
3. New York Mets - Anybody have the New York Mets with an 11-3 record 14 games into the season? Anyone? Anyone?
4. Los Angeles Dodgers - There’s never been any real questions with the Los Angeles Dodgers. Well, at least until we get into the postseason.
5. St. Louis Cardinals - The St. Louis Cardinals pitching staff is flat out getting it done this season and has allowed two or less runs in six straight games. Yikes.
6. San Diego Padres - The San Diego Padres have won 10 of their first 15 games, which is a positive sign that their offseason spending paid off.
7. Boston Red Sox - The Boston Red Sox lead the AL East without getting much production from David Ortiz and Mike Napoli. That’s bad news for the other teams in that division.
8. Toronto Blue Jays - The Toronto Blue Jays have three players with double-digit RBI. If only they can get their pitching staff more consistent.
9. Chicago Cubs - Don’t burn this Chicago Cubs World Series future bets just yet, this team is looking pretty decent right now.
10. Baltimore Orioles - If Cabrera doesn’t win MVP in the AL, It may because of Adam Jones, who is flat out tearing the cover off the ball.
11. Washington Nationals - The Washington Nationals are slowly starting to figure things out and will really get rolling once their offense wakes up a bit.
12. Los Angeles Angels - Mike Trout is carrying the Los Angeles Angels and we know this team is very talented. Can someone else help the guy?
13. Chicago White Sox - Right now, the team I’m watching very closely is the Chicago White Sox. Don’t sleep.
14. Oakland Athletics - The Oakland Athletics won’t go away no matter how little you know about their no-name roster.
15. Pittsburgh Pirates - The Pittsburgh Pirates haven’t looked great but of course it’s way too early to bail on them just yet. The Pirates will get hot sooner than later.
16. Atlanta Braves - The Atlanta Braves have cooled off a bit but are still an impressive 8-4 and in the thick of the NL East.
17. New York Yankees - Anybody still want to bash Alex Rodriguez for some strange reason? No? Oh.
18. Seattle Mariners - The Seattle Mariners are one of many talented teams that just can’t get their pitching rotation to stop giving up runs.
19. Houston Astros - The Houston Astros are two games over .500 and riding a four-game winning streak. That has to count for something, right?
20. Colorado Rockies - The Colorado Rockies are a playoff team when their pitching staff doesn’t crap the bed. Unfortunately, that’s been the case for quite some time now.
21. Arizona Diamondbacks - Don’t look now, but the Arizona Diamondbacks are currently sitting with a .500 record. Not sure how long it’ll last, but they’ve been a pleasant surprise.
22. Cincinnati Reds - The Cincinnati Reds are a dangerous team once they gain confidence, as they’re 4-2 in one-run games.
23. Cleveland Indians - The Cleveland Indians are off to another rough start and it doesn’t help they began the year with big expectations. The Indians offense has been brutal as of late.
24. Tampa Bay Rays - The Tampa Bay Rays are a nice young team that continues to show flashes of potential but they’re just 1-6 at home.
25. Miami Marlins - I said last week that I wasn’t going to panic with my World Series prediction. But my goodness, the Miami Marlins look awful.
26. Texas Rangers - The Texas Rangers are better than they were last season, but that’s really not a huge improvement.
27. San Francisco Giants - The San Francisco Giants are one of the more talented teams in the league but just can’t do much of anything offensively for whatever reason. It’s been U-G-L-Y for the black and orange.
28. Minnesota Twins - The Minnesota Twins haven’t had the easiest schedule but they still wouldn’t win many games regardless.
29. Philadelphia Phillies - The Philadelphia Phillies are who we thought they were! They’ll get some underdog wins but aren’t doing to do much over the course of the season.
30. Milwaukee Brewers - The Milwaukee Brewers have just two wins in 14 games. Not exactly panic time yet, but this team isn’t going anywhere fast.