MLB Power Rankings: Mitch's MLB Power Rankings As of 6/11/18
Power Ranking for all 30 MLB Teams
As of June 11, 2018
1) New York Yankees – The Yankees don’t always have to play their best to win and that’s bad news for everyone else. When one player is having a tough day there always seems to be at least one Yankee teammate picking up the slack.
2) Boston Red Sox – The Red Sox lost two of 3 to the White Sox but are just a half of a game behind the Yankees in the standing in the AL East. Boston is just 5-5 in their last 10 games.
Patrick Gorski-USA TODAY Sports
3) Seattle Mariners – The Mariners are 8-2 in their last 10 games and they are just percentage points ahead of the Astros but they are ahead and in first place in the AL West. Colome has been an awful addition and if he doesn’t improve soon he could start to cost the Mariners.
4) Houston Astros – The Astros have won 5 games in a row and they are sending out a message to the rest of MLB to look out. The Astros pitching hasn’t been at their best but the bats have bailed them out.
5) Milwaukee Brewers – The Brewers lead in the NL Central has shrunk to a half of a game but they have the Cubs in Milwaukee to start the week so that number will change. The Brewers are just 4-6 in their last 10 games and headed in the wrong direction.
6) Chicago Cubs – The Cubs continue to remain hot as the bats have awaken led by Anthony Rizzo who has become a RBI machine. The Cubs need Yu Darvish back with his best stuff or they might need to look elsewhere for help.
7) Washington Nationals – The Nationals are 5-5 in their last 10 games and that gives them a lead by percentage points over the Braves. The Nationals are a game under .500 at home this season and if they can turn that around they could start to put some space between them and the other teams in the NL East.
8) Atlanta Braves – The Braves seem to catch almost every team while they are hot but they continue to hang in there in the standing. It will come down to if the Braves are just too young to win or too young to feel any pressure.
9) Los Angeles Angels – The Angels are 7-3 in their last 10 games and that is good enough to give them a nice move u the standings. Look for the Angels to continue to battle in the increasingly competitive AL West.
10) St. Louis Cardinals – The Cardinals are 6-4 in their last 10 games and while they move up in my overall rankings it doesn’t help them in the NL Central. The Cardinals have just a plus 19 run differential which is 70 less than the Cubs.
11) Arizona Diamondbacks – The Diamondbacks are back in first place in the NL West and have won their last 3 games with a sweep at Coors field. Arizona looked dead in the water a few weeks ago but they look like they have it back together.
12) Cleveland Indians – The are now 5 games over .500 and have a five-game lead in the AL Central. The Indians still have some work to do but they are still clearly the team to beat in the division.
13) Philadelphia Phillies – The Phillies are struggling going 3-7 in their last 10 games and that puts them 3 games behind the Nationals in the NL East. The Phillies don’t seem to like life on the road too much.
14) Oakland Athletics – The A’s are 2 games over .500 and have won 6 of their last 10 games. Unfortunately for the A’s they play in the toughest division in baseball so they will need to pick up the pace if they want to be in the post season.
15) San Francisco Giants – The Giants continue to play well going 8-2 in their last 10 games despite losing Bumgarner’s return to action. The Giants are a lights out 19-11 at home and a dreadful 14-21 on the road.
16) Los Angeles Dodgers – The Dodgers are 7-3 in their last 10 games and are now a game over .500. The Dodgers have some work to do if they hope to go back to the post season but they have been doing it playing at less than full strength.
17) Colorado Rockies – The Rockies have inverse records with the Giants, 11-19 at home and 21-14 on the road. The Rockies will eventually figure out the home woes but they can only hope it isn’t too late.
18) Pittsburgh Pirates – The Pirates closed out their series with a Cubs with a win on Sunday at Wrigley Field but it’s been mostly movement in the wrong direction. The Pirates are just 3-7 in their last 10 games.
19) Detroit Tigers – It hasn’t been a great recent run for the Tigers and don’t look for it to improve much anytime soon. Most didn’t have high hopes for the Tigers this season and they are proving all of those people right.
20) San Diego Padres – The Padres were one of the biggest movers this week up the rankings as they have gone 7-3 in their last 10 games. The Padres aren’t out of the race in the NL West and they aren’t contenders either, they just seem to be one best of the worst teams.
21) Toronto Blue Jays – The Blue Jays have won their last 4 games in a row but they are 14 games in back in the AL East and all but out of it. Look for the Blue Jays to make some moves to get younger as they are already playing for another year.
22) Tampa Bay Rays – The Rays are 1-9 in their last 10 gams as they are moving quickly in the wrong direction. The Rays don’t have a ton left to unload but they always seem to find a way to unload anyways.
23) Minnesota Twins – The Twins are 6-4 in their last 10 games and they are .500 at home this season. Unfortunately the Twins are 11-17 on the road and 5.5 games behind the streaking Indians.
24) New York Mets – The Mets are 2-8 in their last 10 games as they have been struggling badly both on the mound and at the plate. The Mets once vaunted pitched staff is a shell of what was expected just last season.
25) Texas Rangers – The Rangers have lost 4 in a row following their weekend series with the Astros where they lost seemingly every way possible. The Rangers are in a rough division and they don’t have the healthy talent to compete.
26) Miami Marlins – The Marlins could get the ship righted even with a home series against the Padres so there isn’t a lot of hope. As long as the season seems in Miami, it is only looking like it will get longer for the Marlins.
27) Chicago White Sox – The White Sox took 2 out of 3 over the weekend from the Red Sox in Boston and are 6-4 in their last 10 games. While the White Sox defense is still awful, there appears to be some hope for the future on the South Side.
28) Cincinnati Reds – The Reds closed the weekend off with a win over the Cardinals and once in a while they show some promise. The Reds are already 20 games under .500 and have 96 gams to play, it’s going to be a long season.
29) Kansas City Royals – The Royals can’t win at home and can’t win on the road and it looks like batting practice every time a KC pitcher takes the mound. The World Series win seems like forever ago for the Royals.
30) Baltimore Orioles – The Orioles are the worst team in baseball and look like it on a daily basis. I can’t remember an Orioles tem being this bad so I can only hope for their fans that they have a plan.