Texas Rangers (97-73) vs Houston Astros (94-75)
2023-10-19 20:03:00 EDT
The Line: Betting Odds: Texas Rangers -120 / Houston Astros +110 --- Over/Under: 9.5
(Get latest betting odds)
The Houston Astros and Texas Rangers clash Thursday in game 4 of the ALCS playoffs at Globe Life Field. Let’s preview this game and give out a pick and prediction.
Houston Astros Betting Preview
The Houston Astros look for another win to even up the series at 2-2. The Astros offense finally came alive in their game 3 victory, producing 8 runs, which was more than they scored in the first two games combined. The Astros are 3-0 this postseason when scoring more than 4 runs. The Astros are also 3-0 on the road this postseason. Yordan Alvarez leads the Astros with 11 hits and 10 RBI, while Jose Abreu and Jose Altuve have combined for 13 hits and 10 RBI. Jose Urquidy gets the ball, and he was 3-3 with a 5.29 ERA and 45 strikeouts this season. Urquidy is 4-2 with a 3.64 ERA and 42 strikeouts in his postseason career.
Houston Astros Team Facts
- The Astros have won 15 of their last 16 games as road underdogs.
- The Astros have covered the run line in 15 of their last 16 games as road underdogs.
- The ‘Inning 1 UNDER 0.5 runs’ market has hit in each of the Astros’ last three games as underdogs against AL West opponents.
- The Astros have led after 7 innings in each of their last six playoff games as underdogs.
- The Astros have led after 5 innings in each of their last four playoff games as underdogs.
Texas Rangers Betting Preview
The Texas Rangers look for a win here to take a commanding 3-1 series lead. The Rangers pitching let them down in their game 3 loss, and it resulted in their first loss of the postseason. The Rangers now look to avoid back-to-back losses for the first time since September 28-29. The Rangers have still scored 5 or more runs in 5 of their last 7 games. Josh Jung leads the Rangers with 11 hits and 7 RBI, while Adolis Garcia and Corey Seager have combined for 18 hits and 10 RBI. Andrew Heaney gets the ball, and he was 10-6 with a 4.15 ERA and 151 strikeouts this season. Heaney is 0-0 with a 2.70 ERA and 5 strikeouts in his postseason career.
Texas Rangers Team Facts
- The underdogs have won each of the last seven games between the Astros and Rangers.
- The underdogs have covered the run line in each of the last 11 games between the Astros and Rangers.
- The Rangers have trailed after 7 innings in four of their last five playoff games as favorites.
- The ‘Inning 1 UNDER 0.5 runs’ market has hit in each of the Rangers’ last four night games against AL West opponents.
- The Rangers have trailed after 5 innings in three of their last four playoff games as favorites.
The Houston Astros found their rhythm offensively, and we’ve seen in the past how that sort of success can carry over. The Astros are a championship roster that’s been here done that many times, and I don’t think it’s wise to write them off despite the hole they put themselves in. Andrew Heaney has had issues against the Astros in the past, allowing a .263 batting average and .325 on base percentage in 179 at bats against current hitters. Urquidy has allowed two runs in his last 14.2 innings overall. We’re getting plus money with the Astros. Give me the road team to even things up.