The Kansas City Royals and Toronto Blue Jays clash Sunday in game 3 of an MLB series at Rogers Centre. Let’s preview this game and give out a pick and prediction.
Kansas City Royals Betting Preview
The Royals need a win after losing 5 of their last 7 games. The Royals have the worst record in baseball at 44-99. The Royals pitching staff is 28th in ERA (5.21), 23rd in WHIP (1.41) and 29th in quality starts (31). The Royals' offense is 27th in runs per game (4.05), 21st in batting average (.242) and 25th in homers (143). Bobby Witt Jr. leads the Royals with 154 hits and 85 RBI, while Salvador Perez and MJ Melendez have combined for 235 hits and 112 RBI. Cole Ragans gets the ball, and he is 6-4 with a 3.00 ERA and 87 strikeouts this season. This will be Ragans’ first career game against the Blue Jays.
Kansas City Royals Team Facts
- The Royals have lost 15 of their last 16 games at Rogers Centre against AL East opponents that held a winning record.
- The Royals have failed to cover the run line in eight of their last nine games after playing the previous day.
- The Royals have trailed after 5 innings in each of their last seven day games against opponents that held a winning record.
- The 'Inning 1 UNDER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Royals' last six games as road underdogs against AL East opponents.
- The Royals have trailed after 7 innings in each of their last seven road games against opponents that held a winning record.
Toronto Blue Jays Betting Preview
The Blue Jays look to stay hot after winning 7 of their last 9 games. The Blue Jays are currently holding onto that last AL wild card spot. The Blue Jays pitching staff is 1st in ERA (3.71), 6th in WHIP (1.23) and 6th in quality starts (62). The Blue Jays offense is 15th in runs per game (4.61), 5th in batting average (.262) and 17th in homers (165). Bo Bichette leads the Blue Jays with 154 hits and 64 RBI, while Vladimir Guerrero Jr. and Whit Merrifield have combined for 286 hits and 146 RBI. Jose Berrios gets the ball, and he is 9-10 with a 3.68 ERA and 153 strikeouts this season. Berrios is 6-5 with a 4.85 ERA and 108 strikeouts in his career against the Royals.
Toronto Blue Jays Team Facts
- The Blue Jays have lost five of their last six games as home favorites following a home win.
- The Blue Jays have failed to cover the run line in five of their last six games as home favorites following a home win.
- The Blue Jays have trailed after 5 innings in four of their last six games as home favorites against American League opponents.
- The 'Inning 1 UNDER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Blue Jays' last six games.
- The Blue Jays have led after 7 innings in each of their last five games against the Royals.
- The Toronto Blue Jays ranks 1st in the league for ERA this season (3.68).
- The Toronto Blue Jays ranks 1st in the league for strikeouts this season (1333).
- The Kansas City Royals ranks T1st in the league for triples this season (38).
- The Kansas City Royals ranks 29th in the league for on-base percentage this season (.300).
You can make a case for the Royals and the plus money, as Cole Ragans has been great this season with a 3.00 ERA and 1.11 WHIP. However, the Royals as a team are dreadful and don't make bettors money. Jose Berrios is also an all star caliber pitcher and has a solid 3.47 ERA at home. The Blue Jays also can't afford to blow games like this at home against the worst team in baseball if they want to see the postseason. They just can't. I'll lay the juice with the Blue Jays to get an important victory.