Washington Nationals (62-75) vs Miami Marlins (69-67)
2023-09-03 13:35:00 EDT
The Line: Betting Odds: Washington Nationals +158 / Miami Marlins -190 --- Over/Under: 8.5
(Get latest betting odds)
The Miami Marlins and the Washington Nationals meet in the finale of their three-game set in MLB action from Nationals Park on Sunday. Miami’s taken a 2-0 series lead after Saturday’s win, can they complete the sweep? Let’s dive in and find out.
Marlins Take Care Of Business On Saturday
The Miami Marlins came into Saturday’s matchup with the Nats and walked out 11-5 victors over Washington thanks to an 11-5 win. The win pushed Miami to 69-67 on the year, sitting 21.5 games back in the NL East race and 1 game back in the NL Wild Card hunt. Jorge Soler leads the Marlins with 35 home runs along with 71 RBIs while Bryan De La Cruz has 68 RBIs this season. Luis Arraez also has 181 hits, 28 doubles and a .355 batting average while De La Cruz has a team-high 30 doubles as well. Sandy Alcantara will start for Miami here and is 6-12 with a 4.23 ERA and 148 strikeouts this season.
Miami Marlins Team Facts
– The Marlins have won each of their last 12 games at Nationals Park following a road win.
– The road team has covered the run line in each of the Marlins’ last eight games.
– The Marlins have led after 7 innings in each of their last four day games at Nationals Park against NL East opponents.
– The ‘Inning 1 OVER 0.5 runs’ market has hit in each of the Marlins’ last four road games.
Nationals Fall Flat Again Saturday
The Washington Nationals had a chance to really make up some ground in this series, but instead, they’ve let it slip away, dropping the first two games of the set. The loss on Saturday dropped Washington to 62-75 on the year, sitting 8.5 games back in the NL Wild Card chase and 29 games back in the NL East. Lane Thomas leads the Nationals with 150 hits and 22 home runs with 72 RBIs while Joey Meneses has a .279 batting average and a team-high 76 RBIs with Thomas and Meneses both posting a team-high 32 doubles. CJ Abrams and Luis Garcia each have 4 triples as well this season. Josiah Gray will start for Washington here and is 7-11 with a 4.05 ERA and 120 strikeouts this season.
Washington Nationals Team Facts
– The Nationals have lost each of their last seven day games against the Marlins following a home loss.
– The road team has covered the run line in each of the last eight games between the Marlins and Nationals.
– The Nationals have led after 7 innings in each of their last five Sunday games against opponents that held a winning record.
– The Nationals have led after 5 innings in each of their last five Sunday games against opponents that held a winning record.
– The ‘Inning 1 OVER 0.5 runs’ market has hit in each of the Nationals’ last four games.
– The Washington Nationals ranks 30th in the league for home runs allowed this season (209).
– The Washington Nationals ranks 29th in the league for home runs this season (126).
– The Miami Marlins ranks 28th in the league for walks this season (346).
– The Miami Marlins ranks 27th in the league for runs scored this season (553).
I’m sticking with Miami here. Josiah Gray’s just really had his issues at home, posting an ERA near six, and the Marlins have just flat out owned the first two games of this series. Sandy Alcantara’s the best the Marlins have, it’s just a matter of if he gets the run support needed, which I think he will against Gray on Sunday. Give me the Marlins.