Who Has The Most Finishes In UFC History?
Photo by Mark J. Rebilas-USA TODAY Sports
A List Of The Fighters Who Have The Most UFC Finishes
UFC Stats and Records
While every fighter has his own style, they all want to end things on their terms and finish the bout. Nobody wants a fight to go to a decision, as it leaves the unknown and the possibility of getting robbed. You never know what the judges are looking at and how they score things. Fighters who finish the bout by either knockout or submission are usually in the top tier of their class. Get UFC Picks and MMA Predictions at Sports Chat Place.
Here are the fighters with the most finishes in UFC history.
1. Donald Cerrone, 16 - Donald Cerrone is a fighters fighter, as he fights anybody on any given day and leaves everything in the octagon. Cerrone has finished 27 of his 36 career wins and some of his more notable finishes in the UFC were knockouts over Jim Miller at UFC Fight Night 45 and Adriano Martins UFC on Fox 10, as well as his submission win over Mike Perry at UFC Fight Night 139. Cerrone is a fan favorite for a reason.
1. Charles Oliveira, 16 - Charles Oliveira has the most submission victories in UFC history, so you should have known he’d be on this list as well. All but two of Oliveira’s finishes were submissions, and those two fights were knockouts against Jared Gordon at UFC Fight Night 164 and Nick Lentz at UFC Fight Night 152. At just 30 years old and enjoying his best success yet, something tells me Oliveira is far from finished adding to this total.
3. Vitor Belfort, 14 - Vitor Belfort has some of the most impressive knockouts in UFC history, as he used his knees and legs a whole bunch and has knocked dudes out cold. Whether it was landing head kicks to Dan Henderson twice or the violent knockout over Randy Couture to win the Heavyweight Championship, Belfort did his fair share of damage when he was in the UFC.
3. Anderson Silva, 14 - Anderson Silva is obviously way past his prime and hasn’t had a finish in nearly eight years, but few fighters have had the consistent success he had back in his day. After the DQ loss to Yushin Okami, Silva won 17 straight fights and 15 of those victories were finishes. Silva had a clean knockout against Chris Leben to earn a title shot and then knocked out Rich Franklin to win the Middleweight Championship. Silva has one of the memorable careers in the history of this sport.
5. Frank Mir, 13 - Frank Mir was one of the bettor submission artists in UFC history with eight on his resume, and he also has impressive knockout wins over Todd Duffee, Antonio Silva and Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira. Obviously, we can’t forget the kneebar against Brock Lesnar back in UFC 81. Mir has the most submission victories in UFC Heavyweight history.
5. Matt Hughes, 13 - Matt Hughes finished 35 of hi 45 career victories, and his eight finishes in title fights are the second-most in UFC history only behind Silva. Hughes has finishes over BJ Penn, Royce Gracie, Georges St-Pierre and Carlos Newton, which won him the Welterweight Championship. You can put Hughes’ resume up against any in the sport and it stands tall.
5. Joe Lauzon, 13 - Joe Lauzon has the most finishes in lightweight history and only two of his 28 career victories have come by decision. Lauzon has racked up the bonuses over the course of his career, as he’s earned countless submission of the night honors, and his nasty doctor stoppage knockout over Michael Chiesa at UFC Fight Night 50 was the fight of the night.