Most Free Throws Made In A NBA Season
NBA Stats and Records
While star players get calls in the NBA that other players don’t get, there’s an art to get to the free throw line with regularity and it plays a big role in helping a team win. There are 21 different seasons where a player got to the free throw line at least 700 times. Get Free NBA Picks and NBA Predictions for every game all season long at Sports Chat Place.
Here are the most made free throws in a single season in NBA history.
1. Jerry West, 840 free throws, 1965-66 - Jerry West was always great at getting to the free throw line, but this season was on a completely different level. West made double-digit free throws in 42 different games and made 20 free throws in three different games.
2. Wilt Chamberlain, 835 free throws, 1961-62 - Wilt Chamberlain was an offensive machine throughout his career and free throws were no different. Chamberlain accomplished this feat in his third season and had one game against the New York Knicks where he made 28 free throws on 32 attempts.
3. Michael Jordan, 833 free throws, 1986-87 - Michael Jordan reached this total in just his second season in the league before he was the legendary MJ. Jordan had 14 games of at least 15 made free throws and made 100 percent of double-digit free throws four times.
4. Adrian Dantley, 813 free throws, 1983-84 - Adrian Dantley led the league in free throws made five different times and this season was obviously another level. This season, Dantley had a game against the Houston Rockets where he made 28 free throws out of 29 attempts.
5. Oscar Robertson, 800 free throws, 1963-64 - This was Oscar Robertson’s fourth season in the league when he was just 25 years old. Robertson had 47 games this season with double-digit made free throws.
6. Kevin Durant, 756 free throws, 2009-10 - Kevin Durant accomplished this total at 21 years old in just his third season in the league, making 90 percent of his overall attempts. Durant had at least 10 made free throws in 39 different games.
7. James Harden, 754 free throws, 2018-19 - James Harden has become the free throw king over the years, and this season he had three different games with at least 21 made free throws. Harden made at least 15 free throws in 13 games.
8. Rick Barry, 753 free throws, 1966-67 - This was just Rick Barry’s second season in the league and he did it in 78 games. Barry had 10 or more made free throws in 34 games this season.
9. James Harden, 746 free throws, 2016-17 - James Harden has become a mastermind of getting to the free throw line, and this season he had seven different games where he made 100 percent of double-digit free throw attempts.
10. Oscar Robertson, 742 free throws, 1965-66 - Oscar Robertson accomplished this free throw total in 76 games and had one contest against the Los Angeles Lakers where he made 20 of 24 free throw attempts.