The Players With The Most Made Free Throws In NBA History
NBA Stats and Records
Fans sometimes look down on players who get the star calls from referees or hunt for free throws, but the bottom line is there’s an art to drawing fouls and the players who have made the most free throws in NBA history are all in the Hall of Fame. If every player could shoot 10-plus free throws a game, they would. Get Free NBA Picks and NBA Predictions for every game all season long at Sports Chat Place.
Here are the players who have made the most free throws in NBA history.
1. Karl Malone, 9,787 - Karl Malone led the league in free throws made in eight of his 19 seasons. From 1988 to 1993, Malone made 3,375 free throws, leading the league in free throws made each year. Malone is comfortably the Utah Jazz all-time leader in made free throws with 9,619.
2. Moses Malone, 8,531 - Moses Malone only led the league in made free throws twice in his career, but he played in 1,455 games and averaged 6.2 made free throws per game. The longevity gives Malone a serious edge.
3. Kobe Bryant, 8,378 - Kobe Bryant got to the free throw line over 10,000 times in his career and made 83.7 percent of those attempts. Despite all the greats to play for the Lakers, Bryant has easily made the most free throw attempts in franchise history.
4. Oscar Robertson, 7,694 - Oscar Robertson led the league in made free throws four times in 14 seasons, and he shot 83.8 percent from the line for his career. Robertson made at least 700 free throws four times in his career.
5. LeBron James, 7,379 - LeBron James has only led the league in made free throws once in his career and has never made more than 601 attempts. However, LeBron is the ironman who rarely misses games and averages eight attempts. LeBron will move up this list before he hangs them up.
6. Michael Jordan, 7,327 - Michael Jordan led the league in made free throws from 1986 to 1988, producing 1,556 made free throws during that span. MJ made 83.5 percent of his free throw attempts and made at least 630 attempts overall in four different seasons.
7. Dirk Nowitzki, 7,240 - Dirk Nowitzki never led the league in made free throws, but he played 21 seasons and shot 87.9 precent from the line. Nowitzki didn’t get to the line a ton due to constant jump shots, but when he did, he canned them at a high percentage.
8. Jerry West, 7,160 - Jerry West had five different seasons of 600-plus made free throws and led the league twice in made free throw attempts. West shot 81.4 percent from the free throw line for his career.
9. Paul Pierce, 6,918 - Paul Pierce led the league in made free throws (604) in his fifth season at 25 years old. Pierce made 500-plus free throws six times in his career and shot 80.6 percent from the line.
10. Adrian Dantley, 6,832 - Adrian Dantley led the league in made free throws five times, including a stretch from 1980-81 to 1985-86 where he made 3,371 free throws. Dantley shot 81.8 percent from the free throw line for his career.