The Players With The Most Playoff Points Scored In NBA History
NBA Stats and Records
The one thing that separates the great players from the best to ever do it is the ability to take their game to another level in the playoffs. The first players mentioned in NBA GOAT conversations are on the list of the most points scored in the playoffs. Everybody on this list is either already in or will eventually be inducted into the NBA Hall of Fame.
Here are the players with the most points scored in NBA playoff history.
1. LeBron James, 6,911 points - LeBron James seems to find another gear in the playoffs, and it helps that he’s played in 239 playoff games in his career. LeBron has led the league six times in playoff points scored and has topped 500 points scored in eight of his 13 playoff trips overall.
2. Michael Jordan, 5,987 points - Michael Jordan led the league in playoff points scored in eight of his last nine appearances. MJ had three different seasons where he topped 600 points scored in the playoffs. Once Jordan turned 25 years old and had a few playoff series under his belt, he was a different player.
3. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, 5,762 points - Kareem Abdul-Jabbar played in 237 playoff games and led the league in playoff points scored three times. Abdul-Jabbar doesn’t have the overwhelming scoring performances that others on this list have, but the longevity and consistency is what made Abdul-Jabbar so great.
4. Kobe Bryant, 5,640 points - Kobe Bryant had a three-year stretch from 2007-08 to 2009-10 where he led the league in playoff points scored each year, producing 1,999 points in 67 games. Kobe led the league in playoff points scored four times and had five different seasons where he topped 500 points scored.
5. Shaquille O'Neal, 5,250 points - Shaquille O'Neal started in 214 playoff games and led the league twice in playoff points scored. The year Shaq got his first ring in 1999-00, he produced 707 points in 23 games on 56.6 percent shooting. Simply one of the more dominating playoff appearances of all-time.
6. Tim Duncan, 5,172 points - Tim Duncan played in 251 playoff games and led the league twice in playoff points scored, leading the San Antonio Spurs to rings in both of those years. Duncan topped 300 points scored in nine different playoff seasons.
7. Karl Malone, 4,761 points - Karl Malone never led the league in playoff points scored, but he played in 193 games and scored 240 or more points in 10 different playoff seasons. Even at 40 years old with the Los Angeles Lakers, Malone chipped in 242 points in 21 games on 45 percent shooting.
8. Jerry West, 4,457 points - Jerry West led the league in playoff points scored five different times and topped 500 points scored twice in just 18 game playoff trips. West scored no less than 344 points in nine of his 13 playoff seasons.
9. Tony Parker, 4,045 points - Tony Parker can sometimes be the forgotten man in those San Antonio Spurs title runs, but four of his six highest playoff scoring seasons were when the franchise won a title. Parker played in 226 playoff games and scored 274 or more points in eight different playoff seasons.
10. Kevin Durant, 4,043 points - Kevin Durant has topped 500 points in four of his nine playoff seasons and led the league in playoff points scored in 2013-14 with the OKC Thunder at 25 years old. Durant scored 608 points in 21 games with the Golden State Warriors in 2017-18. Durant will move up this list quickly assuming he can get back healthy.