Who Has Scored The Most Points In NBA Playoff History?
Photo by Ken Blaze-USA TODAY Sports
Players Who Have Scored The Most Points In NBA Playoff History
NBA Stats and Records
Regular season NBA records are cool and all, but the greats are judged by what they do in the playoffs. The best players to ever do it are at the top of the list in playoff points scored.
Here are the players with the most points scored in NBA playoff history.
1. LeBron James, 6,911 points scored - LeBron James has topped 500 points in eight different playoff seasons, and has been the highest playoff scorer six times in his career. With 239 playoff starts, LeBron has had countless games to produce this total and this number will only increase as he continues to play.
2. Michael Jordan, 5,987 points scored - Michael Jordan was the leading scorer in eight of his final nine playoff seasons and his 33.4 points per game average is a playoff record. Jordan scored 666 or more points in three different playoff seasons.
3. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, 5,762 points scored - Kareem Abdul-Jabbar led the league in playoff points scored three times and his 2,356 made field goals is the second most in NBA playoff history. Abdul-Jabbar played in 237 playoff games and topped 500 points scored twice in his career.
4. Kobe Bryant, 5,640 points scored - Kobe Bryant led the league in playoff points scored three straight seasons from 2007-08 to 2009-10 when he produced 1,999 points on 46.4 percent shooting. Kobe topped 500 playoff points in five different seasons.
5. Shaquille O'Neal, 5,250 points scored - Shaquille O'Neal led the league in playoff points scored twice in his career, including in 2001-02 with 541 points to secure the Los Angeles Lakers three peat. Shaq’s 56.3 playoff field goal percentage is the highest of any player on this list.
6. Tim Duncan, 5,172 points scored - Tim Duncan topped 300 playoff points nine times in his career and led the league in playoff points in two of the five times he won the NBA title. Duncan scored no less than 125 points in 15 of the 18 seasons he made the playoffs.
7. Karl Malone, 4,761 points scored - Karl Malone never led the league in playoff points scored, but he started 193 playoff games and topped 400 points scored in five different seasons. Malone’s 188 made field goals were the most in the playoffs in 1995-96.
8. Jerry West, 4,457 points scored - Jerry West led the NBA in playoff points scored in five of his 13 seasons he made the postseason. Ironically, the 1971-72 season with the Los Angeles Lakers when West won his only ring was not one of those seasons.
9. Tony Parker, 4,045 points scored - Tony Parker played in 226 playoff games and scored no less than 104 points in 15 of the 17 seasons he made the postseason. Parker scored at least 400 points in three different playoff seasons.
10. Kevin Durant, 4,043 points scored - Kevin Durant scored at least 511 points in four of his nine playoff seasons, and he led the league with 563 playoff points in 2013-14 at 25 years old. Durant scored 608 points in 2017-18 to help the Golden State Warriors win a title, and he’s going to shoot up this list rather quickly assuming health is on his side.