A Look at the Top Ten Players for Most Made Free Throws in a Playoff Career.
Top Ten Players Who Made the Most Free Throws During Their NBA Playoff Career.
Who leads the NBA in career freee throws?
There have been a lot of great players that have come and went through the National Basketball Association. Some players stood out for a full career, others stood out for one season. Let’s take a look at which players made the most free throws during the playoffs for a career.
1. LeBron James is atop the list for most made free throws during a playoff career. James has made 1,627 free throws during his playoff career. The 16x all-star has attempted 2,191 free throws, making 74.3 percent of his playoff free throws.
2. Michael Jordan is 2nd on the list, after making 1,463 free throws during his postseason career. Jordan made 82.8 percent from the foul line, as he attempted 1,766 foul shots.
3. Kobe Bryant is 3rd on the list, having drained 1,320 free throws throughout the postseason. Bryant attempted 1,617 shots from the charity stripe, converting on 81.6 percent from the stripe.
4. Karl Malone is 4th for most free throws made during a NBA postseason career. Malone drilled 1,269 foul shots, while attempting 1,725 foul shots. He made 73.6 percent from the foul line.
5. Tim Duncan rounds out the top 5, as he made 1,217 free throws. Duncan made 68.9 percent from the foul line, as he had 1,766 opportunities from the charity stripe.
6. Jerry West is 6th on the list, after making 80.5 percent from the line. West made 1,213 foul shots, while having attempted 1,506 foul shots.
7. Shaquille O’Neal is 7th, due to seeing 2,317 opportunities from the stripe. O’Neal made just 50.4 percent from the foul line, but still managed to connect 1,168 times from the free throw line.
8. Dirk Nowitzki is 8th, thanks to making 1,074 free throws during his playoff career. Nowitzki was very solid from the foul line, making 89.2 percent from the foul line. He attempted 1,204 foul shots.
9. Magic Johnson is 9th, as he made 1,068 free throws during his postseason career. Johnson attempted 1,274 foul shots, which came out to a 83.8 percent clip.
10. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar rounds out the top 10, as he drained 1,050 foul shots. He made 74 percent for his playoff career, as he saw 1,419 chances from the charity stripe.