NBA Picks

Dallas Mavericks at Golden State Warriors 5/20/22 Prop Bets Game 2 NBA Western Conference Finals Game Best Bets

Dallas Mavericks at Golden State Warriors 5/20/22 Game 2 NBA Western Conference
May 20, 2022 9:00 pm EDT

The Dallas Mavericks face the Golden State Warriors in Game 2 of the Western Conference Finals at Chase Center. Let’s take a look at the betting lines for Friday’s NBA matchup. The Warriors are favored to win at -265, currently marked as 6.0-point favorites, while the Mavericks are at +210. The total points line is set at 214.0, with OVER at -110 and UNDER at -110, meaning the implied expected score for the game is 110-104 Golden State.

  • The Mavericks (-110) have a 55-39-2 ATS record this season including playoffs, while the Warriors (-110) hold a record of 47-43-4.
  • The Mavericks have a 36-59-1 O/U record this season including playoffs (meaning 36 games have gone over the total points line, 59 have gone under and one has resulted in a push). The Warriors have a 42-50-2 O/U record.

Scoring Insights

  • Dallas has averaged 104.9 points throughout this season’s playoffs, while giving up 102.6. Comparatively, Golden State has scored 114.0 per game and allowed 108.3. Looking at their best and worst postseason offensive performances, the Mavericks’ playoff-high is 126 while their playoff-low is 80. Meanwhile, the Warriors’ high is 142 and low is 95.

Game Style

  • What do the stats tell us about the style of basketball these teams are playing during the postseason?

Field Goal Split

  • Looking at field goal splits during the playoffs, 50.3% of the Mavericks’ field goal attempts have come from three point range, leaving 49.7% from two. Meanwhile, the Warriors’ opponents have taken 41.6% of their attempts from three and 58.4% from two.
  • Comparatively, Golden State has taken 43.0% of shots from three, leaving 57.0% from two, while Dallas’ opponents have attempted 35.1% from three and 64.9% from two.

Beyond the Arc

  • In terms of made three-pointers, the Mavericks have shot 37.2% from deep throughout the postseason, compared to the Warriors who are making 37.4% of their attempts.
  • On the opposite end, Dallas has held opponents to 33.9% of their three-point attempts, while Golden State’s opponents have hit 34.8% of their shots.

Ball Protection

  • The Mavericks are committing 9.6 turnovers per game in these playoffs, while the Warriors have forced 12.9 turnovers across the postseason.
  • Flipping that script, Dallas is forcing 13.6 turnovers, while Golden State is committing 15.3.

Crashing the Boards

  • Dallas is pulling down 36.8 rebounds per game during the playoffs, including 6.9 offensive boards. Conversely, Golden State’s opponents are averaging 43.0 rebounds, 11.6 of which have come on the offensive end.
  • Meanwhile, the Warriors have averaged 44.4 rebounds and 9.6 offensive rebounds, while the Mavericks are allowing 44.9 and 10.1.

First Quarter Winner

Dallas is +150 to win the first quarter, while Golden State is -169. Here are their first quarter records in this season’s playoffs.

Draft Kings Bonus Offer
  • Total Home Road Favorite Underdog
  • Dallas 8-5-1 5-0-1 3-5-0 2-1-0 6-4-1
  • Golden State 4-8-0 3-4-0 1-4-0 4-8-0 0-0-0

First Half Winner

Dallas is +170 to win the first half and Golden State is -200. Here are their first half records in this season’s playoffs.

  • Total Home Road Favorite Underdog
  • Dallas 7-7-0 4-2-0 3-5-0 2-1-0 5-6-0
  • Golden State 6-5-1 5-1-1 1-4-0 6-5-1 0-0-0

HT/FT

  • The Mavericks have completed the HT/FT double in 41.7% of games since the beginning of the regular season, while the Warriors have completed the HT/FT double in 44.7% of games. During the playoffs, Dallas has completed the HT/FT double in six of 14 games, while Golden State has completed the HT/FT double in six of 12 contests.

To Go To Overtime

Friday’s matchup is +1200 to go to overtime.

  • The Mavericks have played in three games that went to overtime since the beginning of the regular season, while the Warriors have appeared in two. Both Dallas and Warriors are yet to play in game that went to overtime during this season’s playoffs.

Last Time They Met

The Warriors recorded a lopsided 112-87 victory against the Mavericks at Chase Center on Wednesday. The Warriors now hold an 1-0 series lead. Stephen Curry was influential on that day, recording 21 points, 12 rebounds and 4 assists

Mitch Wilson's Free Pick:

Mitch Wilson

Mitch Wilson Gives out His Daily Picks for Free... LIVE at 10 AM EST. Free Betting picks. NFL Picks, College Football Picks, MLB Picks, NBA Picks, CBB Picks, #FreePicks #BettingOdds #BettingPredictions

Related Articles

Back to top button