The New York Knicks and Atlanta Hawks meet Wednesday in NBA action at State Farm Arena. Let’s preview this game and give out a pick and prediction.
New York Knicks Betting Preview
The New York Knicks look to get above a .500 record. The New York Knicks have lost 3 of their last 4 road games. The New York Knicks are averaging 108.4 points on 42.8 percent shooting and allowing 104.3 points on 46.2 percent shooting. Jalen Brunson is averaging 22.6 points and 3.3 rebounds, while RJ Barrett is averaging 22.6 points and 3.4 rebounds. Julius Randle is the third double-digit scorer and Immanuel Quickley is grabbing 3.7 rebounds. The New York Knicks are shooting 36.3 percent from beyond the arc and 71.5 percent from the free throw line. The New York Knicks are allowing 35.3 percent shooting from deep and are grabbing 47.7 rebounds per game.
New York Knicks Team Facts
- The Knicks have lost each of their last five road games against teams that held a winning record.
- The Knicks have covered the spread in each of their last five games at State Farm Arena when playing with a rest advantage.
- Each of the Knicks' last four road games have gone UNDER the total points line.
Atlanta Hawks Betting Preview
The Atlanta Hawks look for a win after winning 6 of their last 8 games. The Atlanta Hawks have won 3 of their last 4 home games. The Atlanta Hawks are averaging 120.3 points on 46.9 percent shooting and allowing 117 points on 48.2 percent shooting. Trae Young is averaging 24.4 points and 2.9 rebounds, while Dejounte Murray is averaging 21.9 points and 4.6 rebounds. Jalen Johnson is the third double-digit scorer, and De’Andre Hunter is grabbing 4 rebounds. The Atlanta Hawks are shooting 35.4 percent from beyond the arc and 83.3 percent from the free throw line. The Atlanta Hawks are allowing 35.6 percent shooting from deep and are grabbing 46.7 rebounds per game.
Atlanta Hawks Team Facts
- The Hawks have lost each of their last six games against Atlantic Division opponents following a win.
- The Hawks have failed to cover the spread in each of their last seven games against Atlantic Division opponents following a win.
- Each of the Hawks' last seven home games against Atlantic Division opponents have gone OVER the total points line.
The Atlanta Hawks are playing great ball right now and should get respect from oddsmakers. However, the Hawks are on the end of a back to back and could be without Young again as he deals with a personal issue. The New York Knicks have the rest advantage and have won the last two meetings against the Hawks, including a game in late October. These teams don't like each other, so expect a chippy game. But if Young cant go, I have to lead the Knicks with the rest advantage.