The Philadelphia 76ers and Brooklyn Nets meet Sunday in NBA action at the Barclays Center. Let’s preview this game and give out a pick and prediction.
Philadelphia 76ers Betting Preview
The Philadelphia 76ers look to build on their impressive 9-3 record. The Philadelphia 76ers are coming off a win over the Hawks on Friday. The Philadelphia 76ers are averaging 120.4 points on 48.4 percent shooting and allowing 112.5 points on 45.8 percent shooting. Joel Embiid is averaging 31.9 points and 6 assists, while Tyrese Maxey is averaging 26.9 points and 5 rebounds. Tobias Harris is the third double-digit scorer and Kelly Oubre Jr. is grabbing 5.1 rebounds. The Philadelphia 76ers are shooting 37 percent from beyond the arc and 86.3 percent from the free throw line. The Philadelphia 76ers are allowing 35.4 percent shooting from deep and are grabbing 46 rebounds per game.
Philadelphia 76ers Team Facts
- The 76ers have won each of their last eight games against the Nets.
- The 76ers have covered the spread in nine of their last 10 games as favorites when playing with a rest disadvantage.
- Four of the 76ers' last five games as favorites have gone OVER the total points line.
Brooklyn Nets Betting Preview
The Brooklyn Nets look to get above a .500 record. The Brooklyn Nets are coming off a loss to the Heat on Thursday. The Brooklyn Nets are averaging 114.3 points on 46.6 percent shooting and allowing 113.3 points on 45.6 percent shooting. Cam Thomas is averaging 26.9 points and 3.8 rebounds, while Mikal Bridges is averaging 20.5 points and 6.3 rebounds. Lonnie Walker IV is the third double-digit scorer, and Cameron Johnson is dishing 1.8 assists. The Brooklyn Nets are shooting 38.1 percent from beyond the arc and 76.2 percent from the free throw line. The Brooklyn Nets are allowing 34 percent shooting from deep and are grabbing 46.8 rebounds per game.
Brooklyn Nets Team Facts
- The Nets have lost each of their last seven games against Atlantic Division opponents.
- The Nets have failed to cover the spread in each of their last seven games against Atlantic Division opponents that held a winning record.
- Each of the Nets' last four games against the 76ers following a road loss have gone UNDER the total points line.
We've been cashing tickets with the Nets all year with their 9-2-1 ATS record, but now they run into the Philadelphia 76ers, who are 9-3 ATS. The 76ers have also won 8 straight games against the Nets, and they're 7-2-1 ATS against them in the last 10 meetings. Joel Embiid is back for the 76ers. The line is reasonable. I have to side with the 76ers on the road.