The Detroit Pistons and Cleveland Cavaliers meet Friday in NBA action at the Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse. Let’s preview this game and give out a pick and prediction.
Detroit Pistons Betting Preview
The Detroit Pistons look to snap a 9-game losing streak. The Detroit Pistons have lost 4 straight road games. The Detroit Pistons are averaging 110.6 points on 46.7 percent shooting and allowing 115.2 points on 46.1 percent shooting. Cade Cunningham is averaging 21.3 points and 3.6 rebounds, while Alec Burks is averaging 15.3 points and 3 assists. Kevin Knox II is the third double-digit scorer and Jalen Duren is grabbing 10.6 rebounds. The Detroit Pistons are shooting 36.2 percent from beyond the arc and 81.5 percent from the free throw line. The Detroit Pistons are allowing 35.2 percent shooting from deep and are grabbing 46.1 rebounds per game.
Detroit Pistons Team Facts
- The Pistons have lost each of their last 10 games when playing with a rest advantage.
- The Pistons have failed to cover the spread in seven of their last eight road games against Eastern Conference opponents that held a losing record.
- Each of the Pistons' last six games as underdogs following a home loss have gone OVER the total points line.
Cleveland Cavaliers Betting Preview
The Cleveland Cavaliers look for a win after splitting their last 8 games. The Cleveland Cavaliers have lost 3 of their last 4 home games. The Cleveland Cavaliers are averaging 110.5 points on 46.6 percent shooting and allowing 112.2 points on 45.3 percent shooting. Donovan Mitchell is averaging 32.8 points and 5.4 assists, while Caris LeVert is averaging 18.2 points and 4.8 assists. Evan Mobley is the third double-digit scorer and Darius Garland is grabbing 1 rebound. The Cleveland Cavaliers are shooting 33.6 percent from beyond the arc and 77.3 percent from the free throw line. The Cleveland Cavaliers are allowing 38.6 percent shooting from deep and are grabbing 44.5 rebounds per game.
Cleveland Cavaliers Team Facts
- The Cavaliers have won each of their last 11 games against Central Division opponents that held a losing record.
- The Cavaliers have covered the spread in each of their last seven games as a home favorite when playing with a rest disadvantage.
- Each of the Cavaliers' last seven games as home favorites have gone UNDER the total points line.
I'm not running to the window to get behind the Pistons as much as the next guy. However, let's not act like the Cavaliers are lighting the world on fire, as they can't string wins together, and they're 4-7 ATS on the year. Darius Garland and Donovan Mitchell are also questionable for the Cavs. It's the Pistons and the points or pass for me. The Cavs and this much chalk isn't the move here.