Detroit Pistons (2-5) vs Golden State Warriors (5-2)
2023-11-06 19:00:00 EDT
The Line: Betting Odds: Detroit Pistons +6.5 -- Over/Under: 228.5
(Get latest betting odds)
The Golden State Warriors and Detroit Pistons meet Monday in NBA action at the Little Caesars Arena. Let’s preview this game and give out a pick and prediction.
Golden State Warriors Betting Preview
The Golden State Warriors look for a win after winning 5 of their last 6 games. The Golden State Warriors have won 4 of their first 5 road games this season. The Golden State Warriors are averaging 117.5 points on 47.8 percent shooting and allowing 109.8 points on 44.4 percent shooting. Stephen Curry is averaging 30.8 points and 4.3 assists, while Klay Thompson is averaging 16.8 points and 2 assists. Jonathan Kuminga is the third double-digit scorer and Andrew Wiggins is grabbing 2.7 rebounds. The Golden State Warriors are shooting 37.1 percent from beyond the arc and 79.2 percent from the free throw line. The Golden State Warriors are allowing 32.5 percent shooting from deep and are grabbing 45.8 rebounds per game.
Golden State Warriors Team Facts
- The Warriors have lost seven of their last eight games as road favorites against Eastern Conference opponents.
- The Warriors have failed to cover the spread in eight of their last nine games as road favorites against Eastern Conference opponents.
- Each of the Warriors’ last eight road games on the second leg of a back-to-back have gone OVER the total points line.
Detroit Pistons Betting Preview
The Detroit Pistons look to snap a 4-game losing streak. The Detroit Pistons have lost 2 of their first 3 home games. The Detroit Pistons are averaging 110 points on 45.5 percent shooting and allowing 110.5 points on 44.5 percent shooting. Cade Cunningham is averaging 22.7 points and 3 rebounds, while Alec Burks is averaging 15 points and 2.3 assists. Jalen Duren is the third double-digit scorer and Isaiah Stewart is grabbing 8.5 rebounds. The Detroit Pistons are shooting 38.9 percent from beyond the arc and 79.3 percent from the free throw line. The Detroit Pistons are allowing 37.7 percent shooting from deep and are grabbing 48.2 rebounds per game.
Detroit Pistons Team Facts
- The Pistons have lost each of their last 23 home games against teams that held a winning record.
- The Pistons have failed to cover the spread in each of their last 11 home games against Western Conference opponents that held a winning record.
- Each of the Pistons’ last five games against opponents who are on the second leg of a back-to-back have gone OVER the total points line.
Both teams on the end of a back to back, so I considered the Pistons and the points at home. However, the Pistons have lost 4 straight games and haven’t played a lick of defense in these losses. The Pistons have allowed 120 or more points in 3 of their last 4 games. That’s not ideal when going up against a Warriors side that’s capable of exploding on the offensive side. I’ll lay the chalk with the Warriors on the road.