The Houston Rockets and the Los Angeles Lakers duke it out at the Crypto.com Arena on Sunday night.
The Houston Rockets were in red-hot form as they were on a six-game win streak before they got stopped in their tracks by the Clippers in a 106-100 road loss on Friday. Alperen Sengun led the team with 23 points, eight rebounds and four assists, Jalen Green added 20 points with five assists while Fred VanVleet tallied 19 points with eight rebounds and 10 assists. As a team, the Rockets shot 43 percent from the field and 10 of 31 from the 3-point line as they held the Clippers to just 19 points in the second quarter to take the lead into halftime and things stayed close all the way until the Clippers' James Harden drained the go-ahead shot with just 6.0 seconds left on the clock.
Houston Rockets Team Facts
- The Rockets have lost each of their last 13 road games against teams that held a winning record.
- The Rockets have failed to cover the spread in 13 of their last 14 games following a road loss.
- Each of the Rockets' last five games against the Lakers following a road loss have gone OVER the total points line.
Los Angeles Lakers
Meanwhile, the Los Angeles Lakers have been in good form as they've won four of their last five games overall and they will be eager to keep it going after blowing past the Trail Blaezrs in a 107-95 road win on Friday. LeBron James led the team with 35 points and nine assists on 13 of 22 shooting, Anthony Davis added 16 points with 14 rebounds and five blocks, while D'Angelo Russell chipped in with 14 points and six assists. As a team, the Lakers shot 49 percent from the field and 12 of 29 from the 3-point line as they kept the Trail Blazers in check early on to take the lead and they just kept building on it despite committing 18 turnovers as a team.
Los Angeles Lakers Team Facts
- The Lakers have won nine of their last 10 home games against Southwest Division opponents.
- The Lakers have covered the spread in each of their last six home games against Southwest Division opponents that held a winning record.
- Seven of the Lakers' last eight home games against opponents who are on the first leg of a back-to-back have gone UNDER the total points line.
The Rockets are still shorthanded with Amen Thompson ruled out and Tari Eason listed as questionable, while the Lakers are keeping eyes on LeBron James and Jalen Hood-Schifino who are both questionable. The Rockets came to life with six surprising wins before they got stopped in their tracks by the Clippers, but they could easily be on a seven-game win streak given how close they were on Friday. The Lakers are deserved favorites at home, but the money has been going towards the Rockets and I think that's justified. The Rockets are playing good basketball at the moment and I think they represent decent value with the points here.