The Boston Celtics and Philadelphia 76ers meet Wednesday in NBA action at Wells Fargo Center. Let’s preview this game and give out a pick and prediction.
Boston Celtics Betting Preview
The Boston Celtics look to build on their 3-game winning streak. The Boston Celtics have won 3 of their last 5 road games. The Boston Celtics are averaging 119.6 points on 47.7 percent shooting and allowing 105.9 points on 43.3 percent shooting. Jayson Tatum is averaging 28.4 points and 8.9 rebounds, while Jaylen Brown is averaging 22.9 points and 5.2 rebounds. Kristaps Porzingis is the third double-digit scorer and Jrue Holiday is grabbing 7.3 rebounds. The Boston Celtics are shooting 36.9 percent from beyond the arc and 80.6 percent from the free throw line. The Boston Celtics are allowing 34 percent shooting from deep and are grabbing 48.2 rebounds per game.
Boston Celtics Team Facts
- The Celtics have won each of their last 21 games against opponents who are on the second leg of a back-to-back.
- The Celtics have covered the spread in 10 of their last 11 games when playing with a rest advantage.
- Seven of the Celtics' last eight games as road favorites following a home win have gone OVER the total points line.
Philadelphia 76ers Betting Preview
The Philadelphia 76ers look for a win after winning 8 of their last 9 games. The Philadelphia 76ers have won 6 of their last 7 home games. The Philadelphia 76ers are averaging 120.7 points on 48.5 percent shooting and allowing 109.4 points on 45 percent shooting. Joel Embiid is averaging 32.4 points and 5.7 assists, while Tyrese Maxey is averaging 28.6 points and 5.4 rebounds. Tobias Harris is the third double-digit scorer and Kelly Oubre Jr. is grabbing 5.1 rebounds. The Philadelphia 76ers are shooting 37.1 percent from beyond the arc and 84 percent from the free throw line. The Philadelphia 76ers are allowing 35.2 percent shooting from deep and are grabbing 47.8 rebounds per game.
Philadelphia 76ers Team Facts
- The 76ers have won each of their last five games as home underdogs following a home loss.
- The 76ers have covered the spread in each of their last six home games on the second leg of a back-to-back.
- Each of the 76ers' last four games on the second leg of a back-to-back have gone OVER the total points line.
The points with the Philadelphia 76ers at home are hard to turn down, but the big line shift has me questioning if someone will sit out on the end of a back to back. This line at one point had the 76ers as -1.5 point favorites. Now 4 point underdogs? Fishy. The Boston Celtics have the rest advantage, and they're the healthier team overall. I lean Celtics because the line change scares me.