Phoenix Suns (4-4) vs Los Angeles Lakers (3-5)
2023-11-10 22:00:00 EDT
The Line: Betting Odds: Phoenix Suns -4.5 -- Over/Under: 222.5
(Get latest betting odds)
The Los Angeles Lakers and the Phoenix Suns duke it out at the Footprint Center on Friday night.
Los Angeles Lakers
The Los Angeles Lakers have been in poor form as they are now looking to snap a three-game skid after getting embarrassed by the Rockets in a 128-94 road loss on Wednesday. Rui Hachimura led the team in scoring with 24 points on 10 of 14 shooting off the bench, D’Angelo Russell added 22 points while LeBron James chipped in with 18 points. As a team, the Lakers shot 42 percent from the field and seven of 25 from the 3-point line as they struggled to match the Rockets’ intensity early and quickly found themselves trailing by double-digits and things only got worse as the game went on. Austin Reaves had a rough game of just seven points on two of nine shooting while Max Christie scored just four points on one of eight shooting.
Los Angeles Lakers Team Facts
- The Lakers have lost each of their last nine road games.
- The favorites have covered the spread in eight of the Lakers’ last nine games at Footprint Center.
- Eight of the Lakers’ last nine road games against Pacific Division opponents have gone OVER the total points line.
Meanwhile, the Phoenix Suns will be aiming for a third straight victory after outlasting the Bulls in a 116-115 overtime road win on Wednesday. Grayson Allen led the team with 26 points, eight rebounds and four assists, Kevin Durant added 25 points with seven rebounds and nine assists while Jusuf Nurkic tallied 20 points with 17 rebounds and eight assists. As a team, the Suns shot just 42 percent from the field and 19 of 48 from the 3-point line as they wasted an 18-point lead, before they made up for it in overtime where they restricted the Bulls to just eight points to escape with the narrow win.
Phoenix Suns Team Facts
- The Suns have won each of their last 10 games at Footprint Center following a road win.
- The favorites have covered the spread in eight of the last nine games between the Lakers and Suns at Footprint Center.
- Eight of the Suns’ last nine games as favorites have gone OVER the total points line.
The Lakers could be shorthanded here as Jaxson Hayes and Anthony Davis are both questionable, while the Suns are still missing Devin Booker. The Lakers have gone off the boil with three losses in a row, they just got blown out by the Rockets and could now be without Davis for this one, so I’m leaning towards the Suns to take advantage in this one. Give me the Suns to get the win and cover behind a big game from Durant.