The Dallas Mavericks and Washington Wizards meet Wednesday in NBA action at Capital One Arena. Let’s preview this game and give out a pick and prediction.
Dallas Mavericks Betting Preview
The Dallas Mavericks look for a win after winning 6 of their last 9 games. The Dallas Mavericks have won 4 of their 6 road games. The Dallas Mavericks are averaging 124.1 points on 48.6 percent shooting and allowing 117.6 points on 49.2 percent shooting. Luka Doncic is averaging 32.6 points and 8.4 assists, while Kyrie Irving is averaging 23 points and 4.4 rebounds. Tim Hardaway Jr. is the third double-digit scorer and Grant Williams is grabbing 3.7 rebounds. The Dallas Mavericks are shooting 40 percent from beyond the arc and 75.2 percent from the free throw line. The Dallas Mavericks are allowing 36.5 percent shooting from deep and are grabbing 41.4 rebounds per game.
Dallas Mavericks Team Facts
- The Mavericks have lost each of their last six games as road favorites against Southeast Division opponents.
- The Mavericks have failed to cover the spread in each of their last 11 games as favorites against Southeast Division opponents.
- Nine of the Mavericks' last 10 games as favorites have gone OVER the total points line.
Washington Wizards Betting Preview
The Washington Wizards need a win after losing 7 of their last 8 games. The Washington Wizards have lost 2 of their last 3 home games. The Washington Wizards are averaging 115.3 points on 47.7 percent shooting and allowing 122.5 points on 49.4 percent shooting. Kyle Kuzma is averaging 24.1 points and 6.1 rebounds, while Jordan Poole is averaging 16.2 points and 3.7 assists. Deni Avdija is the third double-digit scorer, and Corey Kispert is grabbing 2.6 rebounds. The Washington Wizards are shooting 35.7 percent from beyond the arc and 74.3 percent from the free throw line. The Washington Wizards are allowing 34.4 percent shooting from deep and are grabbing 38.9 rebounds per game.
Washington Wizards Team Facts
- The underdogs have won each of the last four games between the Mavericks and Wizards.
- The Wizards have covered the spread in each of their last six night games against Southwest Division opponents.
- Each of the last five games between the Mavericks and Wizards have gone OVER the total points line.
The Washington Wizards have won 4 straight games against the Mavericks, which is kind of surprising. Still, I have to side with the Mavs here. The Washington Wizards just aren't a serious basketball team that plays no defense and seems to care more about having fun rather than winning. The Dallas Mavericks are coming off a rough showing last night against the Pelicans and should take care of business in spots like this if they're serious about contending. Line is reasonable. Give me the Mavs.