The New York Knicks and Washington Wizards meet Friday in NBA action at the Capital One Arena. Let’s preview this game and give out a pick and prediction.
New York Knicks Betting Preview
The New York Knicks look for a win after winning 4 of their last 5 games. The New York Knicks have split their last 6 road games. The New York Knicks are averaging 109.1 points on 43.2 percent shooting and allowing 105.2 points on 46.9 percent shooting. Jalen Brunson is averaging 22.7 points and 3 rebounds, while RJ Barrett is averaging 22.6 points and 3.4 rebounds. Julius Randle is the third double-digit scorer and Immanuel Quickley is grabbing 3.4 rebounds. The New York Knicks are shooting 37.2 percent from beyond the arc and 72.4 percent from the free throw line. The New York Knicks are allowing 35.6 percent shooting from deep and are grabbing 47.2 rebounds per game.
New York Knicks Team Facts
- The Knicks have won each of their last nine games as road favorites on the first leg of a back-to-back.
- The Knicks have failed to cover the spread in each of their last six games following a road win.
- Six of the Knicks' last seven night games against Southeast Division opponents have gone OVER the total points line.
Washington Wizards Betting Preview
The Washington Wizards need a win to snap a 4-game losing streak. The Washington Wizards have lost 3 straight home games. The Washington Wizards are averaging 115.5 points on 47.8 percent shooting and allowing 123.2 points on 49.6 percent shooting. Kyle Kuzma is averaging 23.9 points and 6.1 rebounds, while Jordan Poole is averaging 16.2 points and 3.6 assists. Deni Avdija is the third double-digit scorer, and Corey Kispert is grabbing 2.4 rebounds. The Washington Wizards are shooting 35.5 percent from beyond the arc and 75.1 percent from the free throw line. The Washington Wizards are allowing 35 percent shooting from deep and are grabbing 39.5 rebounds per game.
Washington Wizards Team Facts
- The Wizards have lost each of their last 10 Friday games against Atlantic Division opponents that held a winning record.
- The Wizards have failed to cover the spread in seven of their last eight games as home underdogs following a home loss.
- Each of the Wizards' last four home games against Atlantic Division opponents have gone OVER the total points line.
The Knicks have been good at covering numbers on the road dating back to last season, and they're running into a Wizards team they've won 8 of the last 10 meetings against. The Washington Wizards don't play defense and make a ton of boneheaded plays night to night. I have no interest in the Wizards. Give me the Knicks and the chalk, as this game shouldn't be close.