Five Ideas That Could Improve the NFL Pro Bowl
How can the NFL Make the Pro Bowl a watchable event
Sunday January 26, 2014
Get All Of The latest Odds See the Latest Odds
The NFL Pro Bowl is one of the worst events in all of sports that no one from fans to players care about; I mean no one shows up that isn’t paid to be there and it’s in Hawaii.
While the NFL tinkers with the formula, here are a few ideas that might be more entertaining than what they put on the field, no matter how you package it.
Kirby Lee-USA TODAY Sports
1) Just make it an award, not a game-Kind of like baseball’s Golden Glove, the players are recognized, get some hardware but it ends there.
2) Have the game BEFORE the following season-At least we are salivating for football of any kind.
3) Make it a flag football game-At least the defense will actually stop someone. One of the things about the NFL is most of the stars spend the bulk of the time with a helmet on, this way we can at least make the most prominent and best players recognizable.
4) Make it a competition that isn’t a football game-The NFL could have a Battle of the Network Stars meets the Superstars type competition, what makes this even better is they can divide it by divisions and have it extend across several days with a playoff format. Show it in primetime on the NFL Network if they want with the final going on ESPN or something. How cool would it be to see Jared Allen and Justin Smith facing off with their teams in a Tug o’ War, a relay race featuring Devin Hester’s team against DeSean Jackson’s, or feats of strength with J.J. Watt up against Julius Peppers? Beats the crap out of what they show us now.
5) Make winning the game meaningful-Baseball gives the home field in the World Series to the winning League, I am not sure what would be the equal in football but I am sure someone can up with something.
Check out Sports Chat Place's New APP in the App Store including Mitch's App Attack Pick and Much More