Top Ten Most Penalties Called in 2013 (By NFL Team)
Which Ten NFL Teams Were Penalized the Most Times in 2013?
2014 NFL Off-Season
Similar to yesterday’s topic, penalties can have a huge impact on whether or not teams win NFL games. Giving up too many penalty yards can lead to TDs (for the other team) and, well, you get the picture. Today, we’re going to take a look at the teams who had the most penalties during the 2013 season. No. 1 might surprise you.
USA TODAY Sports
1.Super Bowl XLVIII champions, the Seattle Seahawks, had 128 penalties called on them during the 2013 year. Despite this, the squad’s tough D managed to hold teams to so few points that they were able to take the biggest game of the season.
2. The St. Louis Rams received 123 penalties in 2013.
3. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers saw the refs’ flags fly 121 times during their 2013 campaign.
4. Super Bowl XLVIII’s other contender, the Denver Broncos, had 117 penalties on the season. With Peyton Manning under center, though, it’s possible to make-up lost ground. Clearly.
5. The Oakland Raiders (again appearing directly under the Broncs…strange days, y’all) had 116 penalties in 2013.
6. 112 penalties were called on the Baltimore Ravens during the 2013 season.
(6*) 7. The Houston Texans were also recipients of 112 penalty calls during their campaign, such as it was. At least they got Jadeveon Clowney out of the situation.
8. The Buffalo Bills had 110 penalties called on them during their 2013 match-ups.
(8*) 9. The Detroit Lions were also penalized 110 times.
10. We all know Rex Ryan doesn’t necessarily like to play by the rules, so it’s not really shocking that the New York Jets make this list with 108 penalties in 2013.