Top Ten Highest Pass Completion Rates in the NFL in 2013
Which QBs Completed the Highest Percentages of Passes in 2013?
2014 NFL Off-Season
Of all the on-field relationships in football, it can be argued that the most important is that between a QB and his wideouts. From Peyton Manning and Marvin Harrison’s almost magical bond to the more recent relationship between Tom Brady and Wes Welker (who, ironically, now catches for Manning), QBs are simply more likely to complete passes when they’ve got chemistry with the guys downfield. Today, we’re going to take a look at the starting QBs who had the ten highest pass completion percentages in the NFL last year.
USA TODAY Sports
1. Philip Rivers, who led the Bolts on an incredible run in the latter part of 2013, had an enviable, league-leading 69.5% pass completion rate on 544 attempts.
2. The New Orleans Saints’ Drew Brees, who attempted 650 passes in 2013, had a 68.6% completion percentage.
3. Denver Broncos QB Peyton Manning completed 68.3% of his 659 passes in 2013. Looks like having Wes Welker at his disposal is going pretty well.
4. Matt Ryan, QB for the Atlanta Falcons, attempted 651 passes and completed 67.4% of them. While the Falcons’ 2013 season wasn’t the one they’d hoped for, the man under center didn’t look shabby.
5. Aaron Rodgers, who missed half of the Green Bay Packers’ 2013 campaign, attempted 290 passes with a 66.6% completion rate.
6. Josh McCown, who we should all know by now stepped in for Da Bears’ Jay Cutler, completed 66.5% of his 224 passing attempts.
7. Ben Roethisberger, face of the franchise for the Pittsburgh Steelers, attempted 584 passes in 2013. Big Ben completed 64.2 of these.
8. Philadelphia Eagles QB Nick Foles, who finished last season with the highest QBR in the NFL, completed 64.0% of his 317 passing attempts.
9. Tony Romo, who once again led the Dallas Cowboys to an 8-8 season (this has got to be feeling like Groundhog Day to them), completed 63.9% of his 535 passing attempts.
10. Carson Palmer, QB for the Arizona Cardinals, almost secured a play-off berth for his squad with a 63.3% completion rate on 572 passes. There’s always 2014, boys.