Top Ten Most Pass Receptions of 2013 (by NFL Wide Receiver)
Find Out If Any of Your NFL Receivers Had the Most Catches of 2013
2014 NFL Off-Season
Yesterday, we took a look at the NFL wide receivers who had the most total yards in 2013. Today, we’re going to breakdown the guys who had the most receptions over the course of last season. You’ll see several (read: a bunch of) repeats from yesterday’s list, but that only serves to reason. The more receptions one has, the more yardage one is likely to gain…
USA TODAY Sports
1. Pierre Garcon, premiere wide receiver for the Washington Redskins (who, by the way, will have to play on the same home field as DeSean Jackson this year), led the NFL with 113 receptions in 2013. Not that RGIII had a lot of other options downfield…
2. The Pittsburgh Steelers’ Antonio Brown was targeted by Big Ben Roethisberger 110 times during the 2013 season.
3. Andre Johnson, who has had an, um, rather contentious off-season with the Houston Texans, caught 109 passes for the club in 2013.
4. Julian Edelman (see, not all repeats!), who really stepped up to the plate for the New England Patriots in 2013, became one of Tom Brady’s favorite targets with 105 receptions last year.
5. Da Bears’ Brandon Marshall, who made it work with both Josh McCown and Jay Cutler last year, had 100 receptions over the course of the season.
6. A.J. Green, the Cincinnati Bengals top receiver of 2013, caught 98 of Andy Dalton’s passes.
7. Kendall Wright (look, another new name!), wideout for the Tennessee Titans, reigned in 94 passes last season.
8. Dez Bryant, who is undoubtedly one of the league’s premiere wideouts, snagged 93 passes for the Dallas Cowboys in 2013.
9. Finally, a Bronco (when you have as many options as Peyton Manning does, you have to spread out the receptions, I suppose). Demaryius Thomas, who became #18’s go-to guy, had 92 receptions over the course of last year.
10. Alshon Jeffery, the second of the Chicago Bears stellar receiving duo, snapped up 89 pass receptions in 2013.