Top Ten Longest NFL Kick-Off Returns of 2013
Learn About the Longest Kick-Off Returns of the 2013 NFL Year
2014 NFL Off-Season
You might not think about it, but kick returns can actually be one of the most exciting parts of an NFL game. There’s a definite rush that comes with watching your returner take-off and peel away from every defender. Today, we’re going to look at the ten longest kick returns of the 2013 season. Just try to tell me you don’t get a little bit of an adrenaline rush remembering these (and looking forward to the ones that are coming up soon!)
USA TODAY Sports
1. Cordarrelle Patterson set an NFL record in October when his Vikings were playing the Green Bay Packers. Patterson had a 109-yard kick-off return (yes, that came with a TD.) This broke the record for the longest return in NFL history and tied Antonio Cromartie’s record for the longest play ever. Props.
2. Knile Davis, kick returner for Kansas City, had an 108-yard return (and a TD…obviously) against the Denver Broncos in December. Davis’s return was the longest play in the history of the Chiefs organization.
3. Speaking of Denver, Trindon Holliday had a 105-yard return (with a TD) against the Cincinnati Bengals. The Broncos (no surprise) won the game, thanks in large part to Holliday’s score.
4. Jeremy Ross, who returns kicks for the Detroit Lions, enjoyed a 98-yard return (and a TD) on a snowy field in December of 2013 during a match-up against the Philadelphia Eagles.
5. Quintin Demps, another kick returner for the Kansas City Chiefs, had a 95-yard return (plus a TD) when the team played the Washington Redskins last year.
(5*) 6. The Tennessee Titans’ Leon Washington also had a 95-yard return (at Denver, no less) in 2013. No TD for Washington, though. Sad, but true.
7. Dwayne Harris, returner for the Dallas Cowboys, exploded for a 90-yard return against the Washington Redskins last season. The moral of today’s top ten is that the ‘Skins need to improve their special teams…
8. Travis Benjamin, who returned exactly one kick for the Cleveland Browns in 2013, made it count with an 86-yard run against the Green Bay Packers. The Browns lost (shocker!), but Benjamin definitely gave it the old college try.
9. LeGarrette Blount, who was all-around impressive for the New England Patriots late in the season, returned a kick for 83-yards (a career high) in Week 17 against the Buffalo Bills.
10. The New Orleans Saints’ Travaris Cadet had an 82-yard kick-off return against the San Francisco 49ers. This was the longest return in the NFC South in 2013.