Top Ten Longest NFL Punt Returns of 2013
The Ten Longest Punt Returns of the 2013 NFL Season
2014 NFL Off-Season
We’ve been focusing on the upcoming pre-season quite a bit this week, but today we’re going to take a step back in time and look at some more 2013 stats. C’mon, you know you’re excited. This top ten focuses on the longest punt returns last year. While there aren’t a lot of end zone celebrations that start with punts every season, they can make all difference. I mean, talk about a momentum shift…
USA TODAY Sports
1. St. Louis Rams WR Tavon Austin returned a punt for a 98-yard gain and a TD when he ripped my Colts apart last year. Impressive, even given my current disdain for him.
2. Micah Hyde, CB for the Green Bay Packers, had a 93-yard punt return, complete with a TD, when his team played their NFC North rival Minnesota Vikings during the 2013 season.
3. Dexter McCluster, the Kansas City Chiefs’ recently re-signed WR, returned a punt for 89-yards and a TD last year, giving the squad a 10 point lead against the New York Giants.
4. Keshawn Martin, Houston Texans’ WR, had an 87-yard punt return and a TD against the Oakland Raiders last year.
5. Dwayne Harris, wideout for the Dallas Cowboys, returned a punt for 86-yards and a TD when the ‘Boys took on their division rival Washington Redskins in 2013.
6. Shouldn’t surprise anyone to see Devin Hester's name on this list. The Chicago Bears’ receiver returned a punt for 81-yards and a TD against the Washington Redskins in 2013.
(6*) 7. Trindon Holliday, Denver Broncos’ wide receiver, also had an 81-yard punt return complete with a TD last year when Peyton and Co. played (and soundly beat) Eli and Co.
8. Travis Benjamin, WR for the Cleveland Browns, returned a punt for 79-yards and a TD against the Buffalo Bills in one of the club’s 4 2013 wins.
9. Golden Tate, WR for the Seattle Seahawks in 2013 (current WR for the Detroit Lions) had a 71-yard punt return (with no TD) last year.
10. Nike Antonio Brown Pittsburgh Steelers Replica Name and Number Player T-Shirt - Black, Pittsburgh Steelers’ wideout, returned a punt for 67-yards and a TD when his squad battled the Cincinnati Bengals.