Top Ten All-Time NFL Reception Leaders
Learn About the NFL's All-Time Reception Leaders
2014 NFL Off-Season
Monday again, y’all. At least there’s pre-season analysis to be had today, though. But you won’t see any of that here right now. Sorry to break your hearts. We’re still working our way through all-time greats. Today’s top ten focuses on the NFL players who had the most receptions during their careers.
USA TODAY Sports
1. Jerry Rice, who spent 20 years playing in the NFL, had 1,549 receptions. Rice is most renowned for his 16 year stint with the San Francisco 49ers, though he also played briefly for the Oakland Raiders and the Seattle Seahawks.
2. Tony Gonzalez, one of the league’s all-time great TEs, finally hung-up his cleats following the 2013 season, after spending 17 years on the gridiron. Gonzalez had 1,325 receptions during his time with the Kansas City Chiefs and the Atlanta Falcons.
3. Marvin Harrison, whose entire 13 year NFL career was spent with the Indianapolis Colts, connected with his QBs (mostly Peyton Manning) for 1,102 total receptions.
4. Cris Carter had 1,101 receptions during his 16 year career with the Minnesota Vikings, the Philadelphia Eagles, and the Miami Dolphins.
5. Tim Brown racked-up 1,094 receptions during his 17 years in the NFL. Brown played for the Los Angeles Raiders, remained with the team when they became the Oakland Raiders, and finished his career with one year on the Tampa Bay Buccaneers’ roster.
6. Terrell Owens, diva wideout and children’s book author, was the player everyone loved to hate during his 15 year long NFL career. T.O. had 1,078 receptions with the San Francisco 49ers, the Philadelphia Eagles, the Dallas Cowboys, the Buffalo Bills, and the Cincinnati Bengals.
7. Isaac Bruce had 1,024 catches during his 16 years in the league. Bruce played for the Los Angeles Rams, then the St. Louis Rams, and, finally, spent 2 years with the Niners before retiring in 2009.
8. Reggie Wayne, the only active player in today’s top ten, has 1,006 receptions thus far. Wayne, who has spent his whole 13 year career with the Indianapolis Colts, missed half of the 2013 season, but looks more than ready to move his way up this list now.
9. Hines Ward, who played for the Pittsburgh Steelers for 14 seasons, had 1,000 catches over the course of his career.
10. Randy Moss, whose attitude rivaled T.O.’s, had 982 receptions during his time in the NFL. Moss played for the Minnesota Vikings, the Oakland Raiders, the New England Patriots, the Tennessee Titans, and the San Francisco 49ers at various points.