Top Ten Sacking Teams in the NFL in 2014 (So Far)
Which NFL Teams Have Recorded the Most Sacks to Date in 2014?
2014 NFL Season
So far during the 2014 NFL season, there have been over 100 fewer sacks than there were at the start of Week 7 last year. That’s a pretty staggering number and while we won’t spend today discussing why this decline might be happening, we are going to take a look at the ten teams who lead the league in sacks right now. Credit where credit’s due, after all.
USA TODAY Sports
1. The Detroit Lions have 20.0 sacks so far this year and are tied for first place on today’s list.
(1*) 2. The New York Jets, who tied the Lions by adding a Tom Brady sack to their total in last night’s loss (sorry, J-E-T-S nation, that was a rough one), also have 20.0 sacks on the season. Not bad, despite their 1-6 record.
3. The Buffalo Bills have racked-up 19.0 sacks already during the 2014 NFL season.
(3*) 4. Surprisingly, the Jacksonville Jaguars, who have yet to win a game, also have 19.0 sacks already this year.
(3*) 5. The Philadelphia Eagles are the third and final team to have amassed 19.0 sacks to date in 2014.
6. The New England Patriots, who sacked Geno Smith 3 times last night, have 18.0 sacks so far.
7. The Indianapolis Colts have 17.0 sacks in 2014, which is impressive given that Robert Mathis is out for the year.
8. The Chicago Bears (and a host of other teams, as you’ll see) have 15.0 sacks on the season so far.
(8*) 9. The Denver Broncos are the second team to have racked-up 15.0 sacks in 2014.
(8*) 10. The Kansas City Chiefs (overdone, but obligatory, aside: Congrats, Royals) also have 15.0 sacks during the 2014 NFL year.
(8*) 11. The Tennessee Titans have also sacked their opposing quarterbacks 15.0 times thus far.
(8*) 12. Last, but not least, the Washington Redskins have 15.0 total sacks so far this year.