Top Ten Most Rushing Yards Per Game in the NFL
See If Your NFL Team Is On Today's Top Ten List
2014 NFL Season
To close out this week, we’re going to take a look at the teams who are averaging the most rushing yards per game throughout the first half of the season. You won’t be surprised by the first couple of clubs on this list, but there are a few franchises I wasn’t expecting later on.
USA TODAY Sports
1. The Dallas Cowboys, courtesy of DeMarco Murray, are putting-up an average of 159.7 rushing yards per game.
2. The Seattle Seahawks (and by that I mean mostly Marshawn Lynch) are averaging 153.3 rushing yards a game, even though they’re dropping games left and right of late.
3. The Kansas City Chiefs have averaged 140.3 rushing yards per game during the first 8 weeks of this NFL season.
4. The Miami Dolphins, a little bit surprisingly, have been racking-up an average of 136.3 rushing yards a game so far this year.
5. The NY Jets, who have very little going for them this year (as usual, it seems), are at least averaging 135.0 rushing yards in each match-up.
6. The Cleveland Browns have averaged 133.5 rushing yards a game during the first half of the 2014 season.
7. The Baltimore Ravens, even with their stellar receiving corps, have been rushing for an average of 131.4 yards a game.
8. Although the Houston Texans are far more famed for their D (read: JJ Watt) than for their offensive prowess, they have been averaging 129.0 rushing yards a game this season so far.
9. The Pittsburgh Steelers, who take on my Colts in t-48 hours (yes, I’m concerned), have averaged 128.6 rushing yards a game to date this year.
10. The Minnesota Vikings end today’s list with a current average of 125.3 rushing yards per game.