Top Ten Most Single Season Touchdown Passes in the NFL
Which NFL Quarterbacks Have Thrown the Most Touchdown Passes in a Season?
2014 NFL Season
In honor of Brady v. Manning 16 last weekend, today’s top ten is dedicated to a category in which these two great quarterbacks hold the leading two spots: single season touchdown passes. Manning, of course, shattered Brady’s record just last season.
USA TODAY Sports
1. In 2013, at 37 years old, Peyton Manning threw 55 touchdown passes to his Denver Broncos receiving corps.
2. In 2007, 30 year old New England Patriots QB Tom Brady threw for 50 touchdowns during the course of the season.
3. No. 18 also holds today’s third spot, with 49 touchdown passes during the 2004 season. The 28 year old Manning was still playing for the Indianapolis Colts at the time.
4. In 1984, 23 year old Miami Dolphins’ phenom Dan Marino threw 48 touchdown passes .
5. 32 year old Drew Brees threw 46 touchdown passes to his New Orleans Saints teammates during the 2011 NFL season.
6. Also in 2011, the Green Bay Packers’ Aaron Rodgers threw for 45 touchdowns. Rodgers was 28 at the time.
7. Dan Marino had another stellar season two years after setting his first record. In 1986, 25 year old Marino threw 44 touchdown passes.
8. Drew Brees also holds two spots on today’s list, throwing with 43 touchdowns in 2013 at the age of 33.
9. 28 year old St. Louis Rams QB Kurt Warner threw for 41 touchdowns throughout the 1999 season.
(9*) 10. In 2011, the Detroit Lions’ Matthew Stafford, then 23 years old, also had 41 touchdown passes.