Top Ten Most Playoff Games Started By NFL Players
Which NFL Players Have Started the Most Postseason Games?
2014 NFL Postseason
Making the NFL playoffs is a big deal. Making it to January multiple times is even bigger. This Thursday morning, we’re going to run through the players who have started the most postseason games in their careers. Some of these guys are still going, others retired quite awhile ago, but either way, their numbers are impressive.
USA TODAY Sports
1. K Adam Vinatieri has started in 30 playoff games, first with the New England Patriots and currently with the Indianapolis Colts. Vinatieri is preparing to enter his 19th season in the league.
2. WR Jerry Rice, who played in the NFL for 19 years, started in 29 playoff contests. Rice worked his way up the west coast, playing for the San Francisco 49ers, the Oakland Raiders, and the Seattle Seahawks.
3. QB Tom Brady, who will play his 16th NFL season next year, has started in 28 postseason games (soon to be 29) during his tenure with the New England Patriots.
4. LB D.D. Lewis played in 27 postseason contests with the Dallas Cowboys between 1968 and his retirement in 1981.
5. LB Bill Romanowski, who played in the NFL from 1988-2003, started in 26 playoff games with four teams. At various times, Romanowski played for the San Francisco 49ers, the Philadelphia Eagles, the Denver Broncos, and the Oakland Raiders.
(5*) 6. DE Larry Cole played for the Dallas Cowboys from 1968-1980. Cole Spent his entire career with the Dallas Cowboys.
7. S Charlie Waters played in 25 postseason contests during his tenure with the Dallas Cowboys, which lasted from 1970-1981.
8. K David Akers, who is currently on the Detroit Lions roster, has started in 24 playoff games with four different NFL teams. Akers’s career began in 1998.
(8*) 9. QB Brett Favre, who played in the NFL for 21 years primarily with the Green Bay Packers, played in 24 postseason games over the course of his career.
(8*) 10. QB Peyton Manning, who may or may not return to the Denver Broncos next season (we should know within a month), has played in 24 playoff games with both his current team and the Indianapolis Colts.
(8*) 11. G Gene Upshaw played for the Oakland Raiders from 1967-1981. Uptown Gene started in 24 playoff games during that period of time.
(8*) 12. G Ed White, who played for both the Minnesota Vikings and his hometown San Diego Chargers, played in 24 postseason contests between 1969-1985.