Top Ten Most Passing Yards of the 2014 NFL Season (By Team)
Which NFL Teams Had the Most Passing Yards in 2014?
2015 NFL Offseason
Now we’re going to take a look at the top ten most passing yards in the NFL last year. As with this morning’s rushing breakdown, teams are featured, not individual players. Here goes.
USA TODAY Sports
1. QB Andrew Luck and his Indianapolis Colts lead-off this list with 4,894 passing yards. Hopefully they can stay atop this list with the addition of WR Andre Johnson.
2. The Pittsburgh Steelers, with QB Ben Roethlisberger at the helm, closely tail Indy with 4,825 passing yards in 2014.
3. The New Orleans Saints somehow managed to rack-up 4,764 passing yards, despite a fairly disastrous season overall. I’m gonna guess that losing TE Jimmy Graham will hurt that number in 2015.
4. The Denver Broncos had 4,661 passing yards last year. Even an aging Peyton Manning is better than no Peyton Manning at all, it would seem.
5. The Atlanta Falcons had 4,553 passing yards. We’ll see if QB Matt Ryan’s arm gets the same workout during the upcoming year or not. New head coach Dan Quinn may not be interested in focusing too much on the passing game.
6. The Philadelphia Eagles had 4,356 passing yards during the 2014 season. Since they won’t even have the same QB (or RB…or OG…or really much of anything) in September, I expect this number to be completely different next year. For better or worse, though? It’s too early to tell.
7. The New York Giants had 4,272 passing yards last season and managed to do exactly nothing with them. Hopefully Eli Manning and his crew can get things together, despite the front office’s strange off-season roster moves.
8. The Green Bay Packers, who have arguably the best QB in the league in Aaron Rogers, clock-in with 4,261 passing yards during the 2014 regular season.
9. The Super Bowl XLIX champion (it pains me to type that, people, but credit where credit’s due) New England Patriots had 4,121 passing yards last year.
10. Taking the final spot on today’s list, the San Diego Chargers racked-up 4,098 passing yards in 2014, thanks in large part to QB Philip Rivers’s arm.