Top Ten Most Interceptions in 2014 (By NFL Team Defense)
Which NFL Defenses Had the Most Interceptions Last Year?
2015 NFL Offseason
Interceptions can be either the best or the worst part of a football game depending on which side you’re cheering for. For Seahawks fans during Super Bowl XLIX, for example, one particular interception has led to a year of misery. Sorry, y’all. Today, we’re going to take a look at the NFL defenses that had the top ten most interceptions during the 2014 regular season.
USA TODAY Sports
1. The San Francisco 49ers D led the league with a grand total of 23 interceptions last year. That’s well over one per game on average.
2. The Cleveland Browns had 21 interceptions on the year. Now if only their offense could manage to catch-up to their defensive prowess.
3. The Cincinnati Bengals racked-up 20 interceptions during the 2014 regular season.
(3*) 4. The Detroit Lions also had 20 interceptions last year, not that it helped them when they faced the Dallas Cowboys in the post-season.
(3*) 5. The Houston Texans were also members of the 20 interception club last year.
6. The Buffalo Bills had a grand total of 19 interceptions last season. We’ll see if they can keep it up under the tutelage of new head coach Rex Ryan in 2015.
7. Speaking of the Dallas Cowboys (we were, a minute ago), their D had 18 interceptions during the 2014 season.
(7*) 8. Bolstered by DeMarcus Ware, Aqib Talib, and T.J. Ward, the Denver Broncos also had 18 interceptions last year.
(7*) 9. The Green Bay Packers, who made it all the way to the NFC Championship last season, were the third team to have 18 interceptions during the 2014 season.
(7*) 10. The Arizona Cardinals, beat-up though they were, also managed to snag 18 interceptions in 2014.