Top Ten Most Kickoff Return Yards From the 2014 NFL Season
Which NFL Players Had the Most Yards From Kickoffs Last Year?
2015 NFL Offseason
I’m going to take the liberty this morning of assuming you’re a football fan. And, therefore, that you understand why you need to have good field position following kick-offs. That’s why today’s top ten bears importance. We’re going to take a look at the NFL players who had the top ten most yards off of kickoffs during the 2014 season. You won’t be surprised by No. 1.
1. Atlanta Falcons WR (and kickoff return expert) Devin Hester racked-up 1,128 yards during 45 kickoffs last season. When Hester left Da Bears, many fans worried he wouldn’t ever have a good year again. I’d say this proves the critics wrong. The man may not be the returner he once was, but he’s still got it.
2. Baltimore Ravens WR Jacoby Jones, who is now on the San Diego Chargers’ roster, had 978 kickoff return yards off of 32 attempts over the course of the 2014 season. The Ravens are gonna miss that.
3. The Jacksonville Jaguars’ RB Jordan Todman falls just short of tying Jones, with 972 yards off of his 38 kickoff returns last year.
4. St. Louis Ram RB Benjamin Cunningham racked-up 963 kickoff return yards from his 35 attempts in 2014.
5. Jarvis Landry, WR for the Miami Dolphins, had a 954 yards off of 34 kickoff returns last season.
6. Minnesota Vikings WR Cordarrelle Patterson takes today’s No. 6 spot with 871 kickoff return yards and 34 attempts.
7. Cincinnati Bengals CB Adam Jones (the only defensive player on today’s list) earned 844 yards off of 27 kickoff returns last year.
8. Knile Davis, RB for the Kansas City Chiefs, had 829 yards from his 29 kickoff returns over the course of the 2014 season.
9. Dallas Cowboys WR Dwayne Harris had 30 kickoff return attempts for 742 total yards.
10. Tennesee Titans RB Leon Washington earned 738 kickoff return yards off of 31 attempts.