Top Ten Most Rushing Attempts During the 2014 NFL Season
Which NFL Running Backs Rushed the Most Times Last Year?
2015 NFL Offseason
Happy Seis de Mayo! Hope y’all had a great time combining Taco Tuesday and Cinco last night. This morning, we’re going to turn our attention to the NFL’s workhorses (otherwise known as running backs). There’s been a lot of talk about how many attempts some of the guys (here’s looking at you, DeMarco) have had recently, so I thought we’d break it down. Below you’ll find a list of the top ten most rushing attempts in the league last season.
USA TODAY Sports
1. Dallas Cowboys RB DeMarco Murray (who will be suiting-up for the Philadelphia Eagles come September) had 392 rushing attempts during the 2014 NFL season. That’s an intense number, people.
2. Philadelphia Eagles RB LeSean McCoy (who is now on the Buffalo Bills’ roster) tallied 312 rushing attempts for Chip Kelly’s offense last year.
3. Pittsburgh Steelers RB Le'Veon Bell rushed 290 times during the 2014 regular season.
4. Seattle Seahawks RB Marshawn Lynch racked-up 280 rushing attempts last year. We don’t call him Beastmode for nothin,’ folks.
5. Chicago Bears RB Matt Forte rushed a grand total of 266 times last year.
6. Washington Redskins RB Alfred Morris finished the 2014 season with 265 rushing attempts.
7. Houston Texans RB Arian Foster had 260 rushing attempts over the course of last year.
8. San Francisco 49ers RB Frank Gore (who has already been signed by the Indianapolis Colts this offseason) rushed 255 times last year.
9. Green Bay Packers RB Eddie Lacy tallied 246 rushing attempts during the 2014 regular season.
10. Baltimore Ravens RB Justin Forsett rounds-out today’s top ten with his 235 rushing attempts last year.