Top Ten Most First Downs of the 2014 NFL Season (By Player)
Which NFL Players Had the Most First Downs Last Year?
2015 NFL Offseason
As promised, here’s your second top ten of the day on this dreary Monday. This list covers the players who had the top ten most first downs during the 2014 NFL season. No surprise, you’ll see ten running backs here. They’re not called the workhorses of the league for nothing.
USA TODAY Sports
1. Dallas Cowboys (and current Philadelphia Eagles) RB DeMarco Murray had 85 first downs last year. When I ran into Murray at the Arnold in February, he mentioned he’d taken up yoga. I’d say the boy needs it the way he was worked in 2014.
2. Pittsburgh Steelers RB Le'Veon Bell had 73 first downs last season.
3. Philadelphia Eagles (and current Buffalo Bills) RB LeSean McCoy managed to get 67 first downs for Chip Kelly’s offense in 2014.
4. Seattle Seahawks RB Marshawn Lynch barely trailed McCoy, getting 65 first downs on his way to a second consecutive Super Bowl appearance.
5. Chicago Bears RB Matt Forte managed to get 63 first downs when he was called upon last season.
6. Cincinnati Bengals RB Jeremy Hill had 61 first downs over the course of the 2014 season. As usual with Hill, not too shabby for a rookie.
7. Green Bay Packers RB Eddie Lacy had 58 first downs last year.
8. Miami Dolphins RB Lamar Miller almost was just one first down behind Lacy, with 57 on the year.
9. Baltimore Ravens RB Justin Forsett, in turn, had just one fewer first down than Miller, with 56.
10. San Francisco 49ers (and current Indianapolis Colts) RB Frank Gore ends this list with 53 first downs in 2014.