Top Ten Most Receiving First Downs During the 2014 NFL Season
Which NFL Players Had the Most Receiving First Downs in 2014?
2015 NFL Offseason
We’ve already taken a look at the players that had the most rushing first downs in the NFL last season, so today we’re going to turn our attention to receiving first downs. I’ll just say it now, Antonio Brown’s number is absolutely insane. Here goes.
USA TODAY Sports
1. Pittsburgh Steelers WR Antonio Brown had 85 first downs off of his receptions during the 2014 NFL season. That’s over five a game; Big Ben basically doesn’t need a receiving corps (I’m being facetious, but still).
2. Atlanta Falcons WR Julio Jones had 76 receiving first downs last year.
3. Green Bay Packers WR Jordy Nelson (one of my personal faves) caught 71 passes that resulted in first downs in 2014.
(3*) 4. Green Bay Packers WR Randall Cobb also had 71 first down receptions last season. It’s probably a conspiracy.
5. Denver Broncos WR Demaryius Thomas racked-up 69 receiving first downs last year.
(5*) 6. Denver Broncos WR Emmanuel Sanders also had 69 catches that resulted in first downs. This is just weird. The conspiracy continues. I’m guessing Rodgers and Manning are in cahoots.
7. Indianapolis Colts WR T.Y. Hilton caught 62 passes that led to first downs last year.
8. Dallas Cowboys WR Dez Bryant had 60 first down receptions in 2014.
(8*) 9. New England Patriots TE Rob Gronkowski (the only non-wideout on today’s list) also had 60 first down receptions. Gronk can also catch cake. Please tell me you’ve seen that video.
(8*) 10. Chicago Bears WR (and the guy who has helped me win my fantasy league on several occasions) Alshon Jeffery rounds-out today’s list with 60 catches for first downs in 2014.