Top Ten Most Targeted NFL Receivers of 2014
Which NFL Wideouts Were Targeted the Most Last Season?
2015 NFL Offseason
Yesterday, we took at look at the receivers (and lone running back) who had the most receptions in the league last season. Today, we’re going to check out the most targeted NFL receivers of 2014. If any of your guys are on this list, you’ll get a chance to see where your offensive coordinator’s head is at and whether or not it’s working out.
USA TODAY Sports
1. Denver Broncos WR Demaryius Thomas was targeted 184 times last year, making 111 catches.
2. Pittsburgh Steelers WR Antonio Brown (no surprise here) was the target of 182 passes, catching 129 of them.
3. Atlanta Falcons WR Julio Jones was targeted 164 times in 2014. Jones made 104 catches.
4. Green Bay Packers WR Jordy Nelson was the target of 151 passes, making 98 catches.
5. Houston Texans (and current Indianapolis Colts) WR Andre Johnson was targeted 147 times last year. Johnson, even in his old age, still made 85 catches.
6. Carolina Panthers WR Kelvin Benjamin was the target of 146 passes, catching 73 of them.
7. Chicago Bears WR Alshon Jeffery was targeted 145 times last season, making 85 catches.
8. Tampa Bay Buccaneers WR Vincent Jackson was targeted 143 times last year. Jackson caught 70 passes, which, really, isn’t the most fantastic stat on today’s list. Enter Mike Evans…
9. Philadelphia Eagles (and current Kansas City Chiefs) WR Jeremy Maclin was also targeted 143 times last season. Maclin, though, made 85 catches.
10. Detroit Lions WR Golden Tate was the target of 142 passes last year, making 99 catches.