Which NFL Teams Scored the Most 1st Quarter Points Last Season?
2015 NFL Offseason
We started this week with a look at the teams that scored the most 4th quarter points last NFL season. Today, we’re going to move onto the teams that scored most of their points early, in the 1st quarter.
1. The Green Bay Packers put-up an average of 9.5 points in the 1st quarter last year. Unsurprisingly, the team made it to the NFC Championship.
2. The Philadelphia Eagles scored an average of 8.1 points per 1st quarter in 2014. Chip Kelly’s offense at work, y’all.
3. The Atlanta Falcons averaged 6.0 points per 1st quarter during the 2014 NFL season.
4. The St. Louis Rams scored an average of 5.9 points during the 1st quarter last season.
5. The Denver Broncos put an average of 5.8 points on the board in the 1st quarter last year.
(5*) 6. The San Francisco 49ers also scored an average of 5.8 points per 1st quarter in 2014.
7. The Dallas Cowboys put-up an average of 5.7 points in the 1st quarter last year.
8. The New England Patriots, who went onto win Super Bowl XLIX, scored an average of 5.5 points per 1st quarter last season.
9. The New York Jets averaged 5.1 points per 1st quarter during the 2014 NFL season.
(9*) 10. The Minnesota Vikings also put an average of 5.1 points on the board in the 1st quarter last year.