Top Ten Highest Scoring First Half NFL Teams in 2014
Which NFL Teams Scored the Most First Half Points Last Year?
2015 NFL Offseason
If you haven’t guessed what we’re going to be looking at for the last two days of this week, then you probably just haven’t been paying attention. This morning, we’re going to run through the top ten highest scoring first half teams in the NFL in 2014. I’ll say it now, the first number is impressive.
USA TODAY Sports
1. The Green Bay Packers, with Aaron Rogers back at the helm, scored an average of 18.7 points in the first half last year.
2. The Super Bowl XLIX champion New England Patriots averaged 16.2 points per first half last season. I’ll refrain from making a Deflategate joke here. See how magnanimous I’m being?
3. The Philadelphia Eagles, in true Chip Kelly fashion, put an average of 15.4 points on the board in the first half last year.
4. The Denver Broncos averaged 14.8 points per first half during the 2014 season.
5. The Dallas Cowboys put an average of 14.2 points on the board in the first half last year.
(5*) 6. The Pittsburgh Steelers also scored an average of 14.2 first half points in 2014.
7. The Indianapolis Colts averaged 13.8 points in the first half last season.
8. The San Francisco 49ers (who had terrible second half scores) managed to put an average of 13.3 points on the board in the first half last year.
9. The New York Giants averaged 13.2 points per first half last season.
10. The St. Louis Rams end today’s top ten with an average of 12.1 points per first half in 2014.