Top Ten Lowest Scoring First Half NFL Teams in 2014
Which NFL Teams Scored the Fewest First Half Points Last Year?
2015 NFL Offseason
The teams that are featured in today’s top ten are not the teams that go into the half with 21 point leads. Instead, they more often than not find themselves in the position the Indianapolis Colts were against the Kansas City Chiefs in the playoffs two years ago (don’t tell me I’m the only one still scarred by that first half). These clubs averaged the lowest first half scores in the league in 2014.
USA TODAY Sports
1. The Oakland Raiders scored an average of 6.9 points in the first half last year. That’s not even a touchdown with an extra point, folks.
2. The Jacksonville Jaguars averaged 7.4 points per first half last season.
3. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers, even with Mike Evans on the roster, only put an average of 7.7 points on the board in the first half last year.
4. The Tennessee Titans averaged 8.4 points per first half during the 2014 season.
(4*) 5. The Chicago Bears also put an average of 8.4 points on the board in the first half last year.
6. The Cleveland Browns scored an average of 8.8 first half points in 2014.
7. The Carolina Panthers averaged 9.2 points in the first half last season.
(7*) 8. The Washington Redskins also put an average of 9.2 points on the board in the first half last year.
9. The Buffalo Bills averaged 9.6 points per first half last season.
10. The Arizona Cardinals end today’s top ten with an average of 9.8 points per first half in 2014.