NFL Power Rankings for the Week Starting November 22, 2018 (Before Week 12)
Photo by Robert Hanashiro-USA TODAY Sports
Sports Chat Place's NFL Power Rankings for Week 12 of the 2018 NFL Season
The Line: -- Over/Under:
Here are the NFL power rankings as we enter week 12.
1. New Orleans Saints - The New Orleans Saints seem to be getting bigger and stronger as the weeks go by, and their point differential of +139 is easily the best in the league.
2. Kansas City Chiefs - The Kansas City Chiefs lost on the road to the Rams by three points, and that was with a million penalties and five turnovers. The Chiefs are still the second best team in the league. Sorry.
3. Pittsburgh Steelers - The Pittsburgh Steelers got closure to the Le’Veon Bell saga and should be even more confident after easing a 16-point deficit on the road. The Steelers are probably worth a future bet before the odds continue to drop.
4. Los Angeles Rams - I give the Los Angeles Rams credit for finding ways to win these close games, but the top teams in this league beat them if they don’t turn the ball over.
5. Chicago Bears - The Chicago Bears have won four straight games and the offense seems to be helping that defense more and more each week. If the Bears can score 24 points on offense each week, they can win the Super Bowl.
6. New England Patriots - I’m still not high on the New England Patriots, but they’re running away with the AFC East and still have Tom Brady. That formula seems to work.
7. Los Angeles Chargers - The Los Angeles Chargers seem to be the same team every year, as they lose games they shouldn’t and play down to their competition. It’s frustrating to watch honestly.
8. Carolina Panthers - I’m not panicking after back-to-back losses, but I’m not as confident as I was on the Carolina Panthers, especially with the road struggles.
9. Minnesota Vikings - Kirk Cousins has four interceptions in his last three games and they seem to come as the worst possible time. The Minnesota Vikings are toast if they can’t take care of the football.
10. Seattle Seahawks - The Seattle Seahawks are starting to find their groove in whats been a weird season, and they could easily be even better if some of those close losses went their way. The Seahawks aren’t dead despite a serious roster shakeup.
11. Houston Texans - The Houston Texans have quietly won seven straight games and get the next three at home. The Texans could truly be a top-two team in the AFC after starting the year with three straight losses.
12. Dallas Cowboys - The Dallas Cowboys should be the favorites to win the NFC East now, but this has been a rollercoaster of a season, so I don’t think anything surprises us at this point.
13. Baltimore Ravens - The Baltimore Ravens would be an intriguing team if they had any consistent offensive success. The good news is that the Lamar Jackson era could be here quicker than we thought.
14. Atlanta Falcons - The Atlanta Falcons likely buried their season with two bad losses to the Browns and Cowboys. With four of their final six games on the road, the Falcons won’t get the chance to be the first team to host the Super Bowl.
15. Tennessee Titans - Right when you start believing in the Tennessee Titans, they get tattooed by the Indianapolis Colts and Marcus Mariota gets hurt. This is what happens when you put too much stock in one or two games.
16. Washington Redskins - The Washington Redskins are still a scrappy bunch that could still scratch out games with its defense and running game. However, Colt McCoy replacing Alex Smith is quite the drop off, simply off experience alone.
17. Philadelphia Eagles - The Philadelphia Eagles are still experiencing a Super Bowl hangover and could very well miss the playoffs altogether.
18. Indianapolis Colts - The Indianapolis Colts are riding Andrew Luck until the wheels fall off, and he’s producing at a high level. The Colts are alive and a serious playoff contender in a wide open AFC.
19. Green Bay Packers - The Green Bay Packers are such a flawed team that even Aaron Rodgers is having issues carrying this bunch. Packers have to run the table to make the postseason.
20. Detroit Lions - The Detroit Lions looked good in their home win over the Carolina Panthers, but the positives with this team have been followed up with three steps back.
21. Cincinnati Bengals - Everyone’s goal should be to have the job security of Marvin Lewis.
22. Denver Broncos - Eight of the 10 games for the Denver Broncos have resulted in either wins or loses by one possession. The Broncos are on the cusp of being a really good team, it’s a matter of finishing games and improving at quarterback.
23. Jacksonville Jaguars - The Jacksonville Jaguars watched their season come to an end when blowing a 16-point lead at home. It might be time for some changes in Jacksonville to capitalize on this window with this defense.
24. Miami Dolphins - Ryan Tannehill returns for the Miami Dolphins and some other players should be healthy after the bye. This week in Indianapolis will either sink or float their slim playoff hopes.
25. Buffalo Bills - This is the time of year when the Buffalo Bills have a serious home field advantage and three of their last four home opponents are either southern teams or play in a dome.
26. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - The Tampa Bay Buccaneers still can’t figure out who their starting quarterback is and their -23 turnover margin is head and shoulders the worst in the league. Just bad, bad football from the Buccaneers.
27. New York Giants - Don’t look now, but Eli Manning is completing passes, using his weapons and the New York Giants are winning games. Unfortunately, September is long gone and so are the Giants playoff hopes.
28. San Francisco 49ers - The San Francisco 49ers are one of the many teams fighting for the top pick in the league, which would be massive to pair with Jimmy Garoppolo once he returns from injury.
29. Arizona Cardinals - The Arizona Cardinals have scored 21 or less points in 16 of their last 20 regular season games. The good news is Josh Rosen is putting up some touchdown passes now with those interceptions.
30. New York Jets - The New York Jets have scored no more than 17 points in seven of their last nine games. Not winning in today’s NFL when that’s the case.
31. Cleveland Browns - The Cleveland Browns have a chance to win back-to-back games for the first time since November of 2014. Taylor Swift’s “Shake It Off” was the top song on the charts back then.
32. Oakland Raiders - The Oakland Raiders have a chance to win two straight games for the first time this season, but at this point it’s about getting the top pick and finding a way to get out of that Jon Gruden contract.