The Pittsburgh Steelers and the Cleveland Browns meet in week 11 NFL action from Cleveland Browns Stadium on Sunday afternoon.
Steelers Win Back-To-Back Games
The Pittsburgh Steelers come into this one looking to build on their 23-19 win over Green Bay last time out to improve to 6-3 on the year. Kenny Pickett has thrown for 1,616 yards, 6 touchdowns and 4 interceptions on 61.3% passing while Najee Harris has a team-high 464 rushing yards and Jaylen Warren has 364 rushing yards on the year. George Pickens has a team-high 33 receptions for 566 yards and 3 touchdowns while Diontae Johnson has 319 receiving yards and Jaylen Warren has 218 receiving yards. Four more Steeler receivers have 100+ receiving yards as well this season. On defense, Elandon Roberts has a team-high 56 total tackles while T.J. Watt has a team-high 10.5 sacks and Damontae Kazee and Levi Wallace each have a pair of interceptions.
Pittsburgh Steelers Team Facts
- The Steelers have won each of their last five games as road underdogs.
- The Steelers have covered the spread in each of their last five games as road underdogs.
- The Steelers have lost the first quarter in each of their last four games at Cleveland Browns Stadium.
- The Steelers have lost the first half in each of their last seven road games against teams that held a winning record.
- Each of the Steelers' last six road games following a win have gone UNDER the total points line.
Browns Edge Ravens
The Cleveland Browns come into this one on the heels of a 33-31 win over Baltimore in their last matchup to improve to 6-3 on the year as well. Deshaun Watson has thrown for 1,115 yards, 7 touchdowns and 4 interceptions on 61.4% passing while PJ Walker’s thrown for 618 yards, a touchdown and 5 interceptions this season. Jerome Ford has a team-high 532 rushing yards with 2 TDs and Kareem Hunt has 228 rushing yards and 6 touchdowns. Amari Cooper leads Cleveland’s receiving group with 41 grabs for 715 yards and 2 TDs while David Njoku has 377 receiving yards and Elijah Moore has 314 receiving yards. On defense, Grant Delpit has a team-high 59 total tackles while Myles Garrett has a team-high 11 sacks and Denzel Ward and Martin Emerson Jr. each have a pair of interceptions this season.
Cleveland Browns Team Facts
- The Browns have lost each of their last nine games following a road win.
- The Browns have failed to cover the spread in each of their last six games following a road win.
- The Browns have lost the first quarter in four of their last five games as favorites following a win.
- The favorites have won the first half in 14 of the Browns' last 15 games.
- The Browns have scored the first touchdown in each of their last 11 games as home favorites against AFC North opponents.
- The Browns rank 1st in the NFL in yards allowed per game this season (242.7).
- The Browns rank 1st in the NFL in passing yards allowed per game this season (151.1).
- The Steelers are the only team in the NFL to win four games in which they trailed during the fourth quarter this season.
- The Steelers rank 2nd in the NFL in forced fumbles this season (13).
I get the case to be made either way here, but I’m looking at the under here. Both teams have been scoring fairly consistently as of late, but the level of defense on the other side greatly increases this week with Pittsburgh likely chasing down Deshaun Watson and Cleveland’s defense being one of the best in the NFL. I think this game ends up being a good, old-fashioned, AFC North black and blue kind of game, so give me the under here.