The Minnesota Vikings and Denver Broncos meet in week 11 Sunday Night Football NFL action at Empower Field. Let’s preview this game and give out a pick and prediction.
Minnesota Vikings Betting Preview
The Minnesota Vikings look to build on their 5-game winning streak. The Minnesota Vikings have won 4 straight road games. Joshua Dobbs is completing 67.2 percent of his passes for 426 yards, 3 touchdowns and 0 interceptions. T.J. Hockenson and Jordan Addison have combined for 1,284 receiving yards and 11 touchdowns, while Justin Jefferson has 36 receptions. The Minnesota Vikings ground game is averaging 85.7 yards per contest, and Alexander Mattison leads the way with 461 yards on 130 carries. Defensively, Minnesota is allowing 20.9 points and 323.2 yards per game. Jordan Hicks leads the Minnesota Vikings with 87 tackles, Danielle Hunter has 11 sacks and Byron Murphy Jr. has 3 interceptions.
Minnesota Vikings Team Facts
- The Vikings have won each of their last four games as underdogs.
- The Vikings have failed to cover the spread in 13 of their last 14 games as underdogs following a home win.
- The Vikings have lost the first half in seven of their last eight games as road underdogs.
- The Vikings have lost the first quarter in five of their last six games against AFC opponents.
- The Vikings have scored the first touchdown in each of their last six road games against AFC opponents.
Denver Broncos Betting Preview
The Denver Broncos look to build on their 3-game winning streak. The Broncos have lost 3 of their last 5 home games. Russell Wilson is completing 67.9 percent of his passes for 1,806 yards, 18 touchdowns and 4 interceptions. Courtland Sutton and Jerry Jeudy have combined for 804 receiving yards and 8 touchdowns, while Samaje Perine has 25 receptions. The Denver Broncos ground game is averaging 117.3 yards per contest, and Javonte Williams leads the way with 436 yards on 111 carries. Defensively, Denver is allowing 27.6 points and 401.8 yards per game. Alex Singleton leads the Denver Broncos with 84 tackles, Nik Bonitto has 5.5 sacks and Justin Simmons has 3 interceptions.
Denver Broncos Team Facts
- The Broncos have lost each of their last six November games as favorites.
- The Broncos have failed to cover the spread in each of their last 11 November games as favorites.
- The Broncos have lost the first quarter in three of their last four games as favorites following a win.
- The home team has won the first half in eight of the Broncos' last nine games.
- The Broncos have scored the first touchdown in each of their last five games as home favorites against NFC opponents.
This is an intriguing matchup because both the Vikings and Broncos were left for dead a month ago. All of a sudden, they're riding winning streaks and back in the thick of the playoff races. The Minnesota Vikings and Dobbs story is great and makes them worth a look in the underdog role as they're riding a wave of momentum. However, back to back wins over the Chiefs and Bills for the Broncos has to turn heads, and they're probably the more balanced team of the two. The Broncos are also at home, and Empower Field is quietly a tough place to play. Give me an extra point, and I'm on the Vikings. Under a field goal, give me the Broncos.